Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

my daughter has been in this school for 2 years now and I'm not at all happy with anything. The biggest problem is that they're never welcoming of a parent who needs to speak to a teacher or principle about any matter. My daughter isn't happy with the overload of homework and tests that are almost given everyday. Currently I'm looking for a new home to move to and not be zoned for Macon Hall. This school is just too much pressure on the kids.

I've been really happy with our homeroom teachers, they have been really above and beyond great. I thought the extracurricular teachers are okay but undersupplied. All the activities at the school are during the school day. Meaning, you will have to take off work to see plays, concerts, ect. Administration is really... not the friendliest or most responsive to problems. I did a lot of research before we chose this school, and having been a student at Cordova Middle myself, honestly I thought it would be better. It looks nice from the street but, on the inside, the school has no windows! Before Macon Hall, we came from a rural school that didn't crowd the children as much, and had a way nicer music and art room. They have a program running right now that mixes older kids with younger in each hallway, the thinking is that like a montessori school, the older children will "tutor" the younger children. I don't like it. There's a big difference between what's acceptable for fourth graders and what is acceptable for first graders. That said, I think we came at a bad time, when a lot of resources and good students may have left this area for the municipal schools after the merger. It may be that things will get better again after people realize municipal schools have their issues too.

My child has attended Macon Hall for two years now, both kindergarten and first grade. We have had an amazing, wonderful school experience there! The faculty is top notch and the academic standards and teachers are superior. Macon Hall provides both an emphasis on behavior and morals with its virtuequest program, as well as superior academic instruction in the classroom.

Out of state parent tried to reach out to the principal at Macon Hall Em. She never return my call or email. Currently filing a complaint.

Unwelcoming and does not support parental involvement of children's education. This is a Title 1 school, therefore parents have the right to know, participate, and observe classroom instruction.

I always liked this school and had wonderful teachers until last school year 2013- 2014. Last year my son was in 4th grade with a new teacher who was quite unorganized. My son has been in the spelling bee every year and won the spelling bee last year. This year 3 days before the last day of school, he was stabbed in the back with a pencil by a student name Garyk and the kid denied it so didn't get in trouble at all. The teacher didn't even call me to tell me about what happened. I got a call from the nurse at 3:30, but it happened at 9:30am. The parents of the Garyk weren't even notified until I complained with the principal about it. I am so glad my son is going to a different school next school year. My son had perfect attendance, but I didn't send him back after that. The kid was mad because my son stepped on his pencil box by accident and broke it the day before. When the incident happened, Garyk raised his had to use the restroom and while on his way, he stopped behind my son and my son said "why are you stopping behind me" and the kid said to do this, and stabbed him with a pencil. I pray for the safety of theses kids, because it is getting pretty bad nowadays.

My Granddaughter has attended Macon Hall Elementary School for 3 years. The principal, vice-principal, counselor, 4th grade teacher and APEX teacher have been excellent. They are very caring and dedicated educators that have the students best interests at heart.

I'm all about good schools ,when my husband and I were searching for a home that was top on our list. I'm so pleased that we have 3 children attending Macon hall and we all love it.Everyone is so nice and the school itself is awesome.

The only reason I'm giving this school 1 star is because I have to give a rating. I moved to this area and transferred my daughter here based on reviews from friends who have kids enrolled there. WORST MISTAKE EVER! My daughter was being bullied by a classmate and the teacher and staff claimed to be concerned, but never did anything about it. It escalated to my daughter being slapped in the face. LAST STRAW! The students are treated like they are in jail, there were never any field trips and they are made to sit and eat in silence for lunch and are punished if they talk. I had hopes based on the fact that the principal was my elementary school principal, but I think their time has passed and they need to retire. My daughter began failing and acting out of her character and when I fianlly figured out why, I made the decision to move and get her back into her previous school. I have been 100% disappointed in the staff at the school, from the top down. I've heard that this school has drastically changed from previous years. I'm just glad I was able to get her out of there before it was too late. My child has rebounded and is finally back on track since leaving.

This school is awesome! My special needs child has thrived at Macon Hall. Their teachers are very caring and the children are great. The only problem I have with this school is the front desk staff, who have somewhat of an attitude, but the principal and vice principals are great,

Last modified Macon-Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.