Shelby County, TN

Posted July 08, 2014
Mt.Pisgah is a good school . the teachers were excellent and if they fuss or get on to a student it is because they dont want them to fail . the students are okayy most students are well behaved some students just want attention and do uneccasary things and thats why they get in trouble but the school is awesome and their food is okayy i cant complain this school is not a bad school at all its really fun you should really try this school so this school is wonderful so all you people saying that it is bad it is really not maybe your child got off track cause mt pisgah has a lot of people in junior honors society enriched classes so check your child not the school

Posted March 14, 2014
Small overall enrollment so better teacher : student ratio's. Strong parental involvement and outstanding PTA board. Great Principal who is involved in all aspects of the school and attends all activities to promote the school and encourage it's students. Strong music program. Mt Pisgah needs parents of it's students to be present and actively part of the PTA and other clubs and organizations.

Mt Pisgah Middle School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
i go to Mt. Pisgah and am currently a 6th grade student. Here is how i think of Mt. Prison--- teachers are too paranoid and teach the kids what they learned in 4th grade. I know you have to review but not back to 3rd-4th gr. My art teacher makes sure we know our shapes and does not teach us the right techniques for our grade level. Teachers do NOT keep parents involved and hand out fliers for any little event LATE and sometimes AFTER it happens. The peers cuss and think they are more grown than they are and like to act superior to all other students and teachers. Most peers think they know more than the teachers and correct them VERY WRONGLY! I can NOT STAND this school and wish i NEVER WENT. I refuse to go back and never want to see anyone there except for my best friend that actually acts normal. My math teacher had to resign just to get away from students who would write cuss words and bad things about her on her white board and even say them to her face. I even cried because i went from White Station to Mt. Prison. One of the best Best BEST schools in Memphis. I went from a straight A student to a B and C student just because they teach us too low of things. ~~NO exaggerations!

Posted December 22, 2010
I just LOVE parents who blame the school for their kids not doing well. Why don't YOU hold your kids accountable instead of allowing the school to raise your kids.

Posted March 25, 2010
I've read good and bad reviews about this school. Well heres how i view the school. The faculty is strict because they truly care for our safety. The teachers, now, they can be anything from the best teacher ever to one of those ones that really could care less, but there aren't many teachers like that here, and overall they are here to help. This school does offer many opportunities such as Honors Algebra, Honors Physical Science (9th grade classes) and have a dance team. I am apart of all these and have to say i am immensely happy here. This school also teaches life lessons, to carry with you for the rest of your life. Im an 8th grader here and can truly say these have been the most memorable 3 years of my life and part of me doesnt wanna leave fpr high school. Overall great school :)

Posted September 25, 2009
MT Pisgah Middle is one of the worst schools that my child has attended. The teachers do not keep parents involved, the principle is not as involved as he should be and the curriculum is not challenging. The school needs alot of work. Very disappointed in the teachers and staff at this school.

Posted June 15, 2009
AMEN to this review. This has been our worst year ever. We had teachers that did not movitate my son at all. He went from a straight A student to a B and C student. I am working now on a transfer.

Mt Pisgah Middle School 2

Posted May 27, 2009
Mt. Pisgah has a wonderful facility and some of the teachers really do an excellent job. Some of the students are very much out of control. There is a lot of bullying, fighting, and foul language at the school . The administration has lost control, I heard that this use to be a good school but now I wouldn't send my pet there for learning and I don't have one. I took my child out and enrolled them somewhere else. Do you homework Parents!

Mt Pisgah Middle School 3

Posted March 11, 2009
The teachers are good from what we've experienced but the peers are not. There is fighting and cussing and just not a good environment. I think the teachers do the best they can. What can you do? Parents need to discipline thier own children!

Mt Pisgah Middle School 3

Posted February 20, 2009
I think the previous comment is correct. Over all the school is not that bad. I think some changes need to happen. Unfortunately the school has deep traditional roots making it hard for the kids to share their talents. If the school would update the teaching style and realize we are in a new century, this school would be great. (I say that like Tony the Tiger.) True to the previous comment '....some of the students get out of control.....). That is true some children do lack respect for authority. If your child is in the 5th grade, send them to Macon Hall. Let them be little one more year!! As Mt Pisgah starts at 5th grade and goes to 8th grade.

1444 Pisgah Road, Shelby County, TN  38016
Last modified Mt Pisgah Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Pisgah Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top