Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

I observed a parent very upset in the office. The staff was being indifferent to her as s he was trying to locate the principle. She said that her special needs had been beaten. Seeing how shaken she was, I asked did she take pics. There were welts all over the child's back. Later I observed her checking the child out of school and removing his belongings. I asked did everything go OK with the principal. She shook her head. The child is only 5 years old.

I called ahead to inform the bus that I would be picking up my kid from school. the teacher let him board the bus anyway. Later found out the secretary didn't alert the teacher because she was out of the room. I had to chase down the bus to get my child when he got off, he was crying because another student had him. I was a nightmare. He's only 5 years old.

I wish I was able to select no stars as that is indicative of the rating that this school deserves. The staff in the office are less than helpful and lack basic customer service skills. The rules that are set forth such as not being able to walk your child to class or eat lunch with them at the beginning of the school year is beyond ridiculous! It seems as if parent involvement is not a top priority for this school. What happended to parents interacting with their child's teacher on a daily basis and not just during parent teacher conferences? If you're an active parent, who wants to be involved in your child's education, I suggest you steer clear of this school. I'm currently in the process of trying to transfer my child to another school and the school year just began 5 days ago.

My kids have to go to this school right now, but i can tell you from what I've seen I'm not impressed. The staff really seems detached and are not helpful or opened to assist at all

I wouldn't recommend this school at all. We have had nothing but trouble since coming here. The teachers are cold and don't even try to get to know their students. Children can't be children. It's like your child is in a military boarding school and there are strict rules to follow. The administrators don't care about their students and seem more inconvenienced by them. They are also very unorganized. If you want your child in a cold, unwelcoming, and high stress environment then this is your school. If not, skip this school all together.

My daughter attended this school for kindergarten, 1st grade and part of second grade. We moved and I wish we could have taken the school with us. The principal really cares and encourages parent involvement. The teachers are really involved and are easily accessible to the parents. It is a well cared for school and it is in a safe and family friendly area.

My son went to this school... we have now sadly moved away but this school had such a positive impact on my son and myself. The staff is awesome and are so caring. His teacher was Mrs. Crossett and she is so awesome and caring and such a wonderful teacher. I wish we could have relocated her with us and for every grade :D lol. The principle and entire staff just care and you know and feel it. I give this school an A+++ no matter what other people may say.

One of the best public schools at Cordova, TN. My daughter is in this school for past 3 years and she has gained a lot from this school. Teachers are very friendly and identifies talent of students in all areas.

My daughter is in Kindergarten here this year, and so far it has been great. She has an awesome teacher and she loves everything about Dexter and I do too.

My daughter has started Kindergarten at Dexter Elmentary School and I love it. The staff is very nice and I look forward to her becoming the best that she can be.

Last modified Dexter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.