Bad
Good

De Kalb County High School 4

Posted June 21, 2011
DeKalb County High School is a wonderful school. They now have honor classes, duel credit classes, and A P classes. Students can graduate with over a years worth of college credit.

De Kalb County High School 1

Posted October 03, 2007
DCHS makes a great case for home schooling. They are now on notice the Feds will take it over if they don't improve. Some teachers do their best but the nepotism is a major problem throughout this school system. Too many teachers are graduates and got their only exposure to HS education through this school system so they don't know what good is.

De Kalb County High School 4

Posted February 15, 2006
I am a graduate of DCHS. I was in the first group of honors classes they offered. They had only College English when I was there, but it got me into college at a great level. I am now working in a great environment after only getting an Associates Degree. DCHS could offer more, but they could offer less. They are making progress from where they were when I started high school. The four years I was there were great. I don't know what they offer today, but I'm sure they are still a work in progress. They are not the Very Best, but they are still great and by no means are they the worst!

De Kalb County High School 5

Posted August 14, 2005
My words cannot describe the quality of education I have stumbled upon atending DeKalb County High School it was the best thing my parents could have done for me. I am now an accomplished, self-confident lawyer. The religious training I recieved there was nonetheless amazing.I would like to thank all faculty and staff for making me the distinguished, intelligent leader which I have become.

De Kalb County High School 3

Posted November 11, 2004
Dekalb County High School does not offer enough busines, computer, or vocational classes. Other schools in our area offer culinary arts and cosmetology. Our kids know more about computers than most of the teachers. When are we going to get classes and teachers that teach our kids more about things they really need to know?

De Kalb County High School 1

Posted October 14, 2004
DeKalb County High School is probably one of the worse schools in Middle TN. It's academics are poor at best, children are uninspired to achieve past factory worker level. Teacher teach to the test. Education at DCHS comes second. Graduates usually have to take remedial classes if they choose college. NO HONOR CLASSES are given at DCHS. Principle (also a preacher) more worried about dress code & their religious beliefs than academics. Low budget is a poor excuse for a failing system. Teachers hired on basis of 'who's your kin?' DCHS a joke among students in surrounding counties. If you fail there, you can always go to DCHS and be an A student.

De Kalb County High School
1130 West Broad Street, Smithville, TN  37166
Last modified De Kalb County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.