Smithville, TN

Posted May 12, 2011
I think any parent permitted to buy favoritism should be reported to the principal and then if the principal cannot recognize the problem, go to the school district. The field trip is in appropriate if one parent is being told she cannot go...especially if it is supervised by staff and the father is attending as well. Sounds like he is thwarting her efforts to be an involved parent so he may use it against her in court. she should report the school and the trip should be canceled or parents should pay just like they always do. Its not expensive to go to the zoo,.

Smithville Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2011
I was appalled to learn that the school allowed a parent to influence the teacher and principal to allow him to pay for a end of year class field trip he gets a discount as a zoo membership allows), My daughter is going to be on that trip and my ex (the father paying for this trip) has said I am not allowed to attend. The school is allowing it. Since when do teachers and principals get to ban parents from a field trip that not only the other parent is present but other parents and staff.

Smithville Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
I am not pleased about "ice cream day", or the foods they serve that do not promote health. Tennessee has a high obesity rate and it begins in the schools. My son is allergic to peanuts. Sccools should not allow meals or snacks to be served in a classroom period. children with allergies do not know which foods have peanuts oil or peanuts in it. .

Posted July 15, 2009
My daughter started this school in preschool and it has been nothing but great as my daughter has a learning disability but thanks to great teachers you would barely know that she struggles. The teachers make learning fun and always patient with my daughter. Due to the way they have been with my daughter they have helped foster a strong drive to learn. My daughter actually cries when school is out because she misses going to school.

Posted January 26, 2009
my child has excelled in this school . The teachers are wonderful. I can't wait for my son to start next aug.

Smithville Elementary School

Posted August 28, 2008
My child loves going to school here. The teachers are great and I had some of the same teachers in school so I know and am familiar with them. Communication with teachers is great.

Smithville Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2006
This is my 1st child to start school.Of course really nervous about everything, what to expect. I have met my child's teachers and principle,and starting out was a learning process for all.Within 6 months my 5 yr old was reading,speaking clearer,learning music,drawing instead of scribble.She also was trying to teach me things she thought I didn't know, like math or spanish,or the different sounds the letter 'A' makes..My child has progressed so much,and I thank her teacher Mrs.Margaret N.,for doing so well with my child,and all her other teachers as well.I try to stay involved as much as possible in my daughter's schooling and activies and academics, but the school itself has made a tremendous improvement in my little girl. Thank-you SES...(Smithville Elementary)

Smithville Elementary School
221 East Bryant Street, Smithville, TN  37166
Last modified Smithville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Smithville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top