Bad
Good

Posted March 23, 2015
We moved from another school and I was hesitant to move my daughter. Stewartsboro has been fantastic. Her teacher and is wonderful as well as the staff.

Stewartsboro Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
My family moved from another state and my son is currently enrolled at Stewartsboro Elementary. I have to say I am not pleased with the school at all. My son has been through two teachers(2nd and 3rd grade) and they both are not qualified to teach children. They are just paperpushers. A truly good teacher engages students and offers new techniques to their students and they should think of their job as a form of parenting. I'm considering transferring my son out to a more proficient school system. Also wouldn't recommend bus service. My son has to sit on the bus from 6:05 to 7 or 7:15 and school doesn't start until 7:30. So basically he has to wake up at 5:30 am to get up for school and sit on the bus for an hour while they pick up the furthest riders from the school last. Pretty long day for a kid in my opinion.

Posted September 09, 2013
This school was the best thing that ever happened to me . I have gone there since kindergarten , the teachers and principal are AMAZING!!!!! I think they are the best school ever, next year I'm going to cry when I leave the school I HIGHLY suggest this school

Posted August 01, 2013
When transferring my children to Stewartsboro Elementary from another school in the same disrtict, I was a little reluctant. I loved the old school and didn't think another school could meet the credentials of the first. I WAS WRONG! Stewartsboro is a GREAT school!! The teachers and staff are all kind and courteous. My children excelled in each of their classes and I believe this has to do with their caring and loving teachers. I LOVE STEWARTSBORO ELEMENTARY!

Stewartsboro Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2012
Stewartsboro itself has many programs that are helpful for children that need that extra help. My child has had the worst Kindergarten experience with Mrs. Bracken though. She never smiles......she is pregnant with twins and is so mean to the children. She taught third grade last year and treats the Kindergarten class as if they were in third grade. She makes them move a color for helping other kids clean up. She is the worst teacher ever. I may be taking legal action for harrasment geared towards my child. She merely picks on children because she doesn't like certain parents and makes it very obvious.

Stewartsboro Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2010
The teachers at Stewartsboro are wonderful...however the Principal has no regard for the well being of the chidlren! His main concern is to get out of that school as fast as possible in the afternoons! He has no conern for the safety or well being of anyone once it is time for him to go home! I hope that you never have a need to speak with this man because he has an anger problem and is absolutely unwilling to work with anyone when there is a problem! I don't know what the requirements are to be a Principal in Rutherford County....I can only assume that caring about children isn't one of them! It is very sad to me that those wonderful teacehrs are overshadowed by his lack of respect and concern for other! I will be moving and getting my child out of there!

Posted May 25, 2010
My kids have been going to Stewartsboro since they were in kindergarten. My oldest is now going to be in third grade and my youngest will be in second. I was worried about putting them into public school. But the experience at Stewartsboro has been really pleasant. They have had great teachers and have learned so much.

Posted March 09, 2010
THIS is a wonderful school, with a strong leader in Mr. Seymore. The children are watched over by very responsible and caring counselors. The teachers that we have experience with are top notch. We couldn't be happier with this school.

Posted May 27, 2009
I love the AR program and my son is already at a 3.7 and has just finished 1st grade! For anyone who doesn't know about AR, it is a reading program that puts each child at his or her own pace to learn to read. The first number is your grade level and the .number is the month in that grade so James is at a third grade 7th month level. Also, I would like to see more parents besides myself and two others at the PTO meetings besides the officers. We could do so much more if we had more parents to help out with planning the events. Love Mr. Seymore, you can tell he cares about the students.

Posted March 31, 2009
My son, in his second year at Stewartsboro, transfered from a great private school: Lancaster Academy in Smyrna. I was very apprehensive about him attending a public school; but to my surprize he has really blossomed academically. His reading has massively improved and he enjoys his teachers tremendously. Kudos to Stewartsboro staff for a job well done and continue your good works!

10479 Old Nashville Highway, Smyrna, TN  37167
Last modified Stewartsboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.