Smyrna, TN

Posted July 30, 2014
This is the greatest elementary school! We have been a part of this school since kindergarten and sad to say we will be leaving after this year (5th grade!) I love all the teachers, the support staff and Mr. G and Dr. E are the best!!!!

Cedar Grove Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2013
This is my son first year at this school and he has a great teacher and enjoys going to school but when he broke his nose is when we had problems. The office staff (bookkeeper) and the principal we're very disrespectful to me about me wanting to speak with his teacher since his nose was broke and I had some concerns as a parent and a medical professional. They would not allow me to speak with her even though I got to the school early before school started. The principal kept asking me if I emailed the teacher or called. I could not just come in his school demanding to talk to the teacher. I explained to him that I didn't realize I had to make an appt about my child's health and I never came in his school demanding anything. He still never let me speak to her and I had to write a note anyways. I have never been to a school where the front office staff and principal are rude and disrespectful to a parent. If they are going to treat a parent like this then how are they treating our children.

Posted August 24, 2013
My son, and nieces attend this school. it has to be the most organized, school! always fun family nights, and things for the kids to do. Not to mention, probably the best principal, a school could ask for!!

Posted August 06, 2012
Both of my children attended this school and I have had nothing but good experiences here. Both of my children's teachers have always been caring, informative, and very helpful in working with me to get/keep my children on top of their academics. LOVE this school.

Posted June 14, 2012
My daughter loves this school and, so far, everyone in it! I am very pleased with it as well. As far as the previous comment... I have eaten lunch with my child on several occasions and NEVER saw any of the students cleaning the lunch room. I had a small issue and contacted the office, I received a call the next day with a resolution to my issue. The school has made my child feel very welcome, as she was new to the area and school. We moved to this area for this school and I am very happy with our decision.

Cedar Grove Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2012
I would have given zero stars but the interface made me give at leaste one. My child was in the 5th grade. The integrity and behavior of "L" as a teacher, a professional in her field, and a human being was questionable. Several students said "L" frequently tells students to shut up . Talking to the principal is useless. He vehemently defends them. My child was moved to a different class. At first I was upset but later I was glad, because I m afraid of what I would have done to the teacher had she continued to talk crazy to my child. 75% of the work that comes home is "TCAP review". Is it general practice to study for a standardized test? If your child is unfortunate enough to end up a victim of this poor excuse for a teacher, parent, and role model, I encourage you to communicate with your child how the teacher is treating him/her and talking to them on a daily basis. Be weary and make sure you are involved in what is going on with your child at this school particularly. One more thing I noticed is that the cafeteria workers also make the kids sweep and wipe the table after lunch. Nice way to get the kids to do their jobs.

Posted October 14, 2011
Absolutely love this school....Refuse to move out of this area until my daughter finishes elementary school.

Posted October 11, 2011
I love this school. My children love this school! Great teachers and a lot of parent involvement.

Posted July 29, 2010
Great school. I had both of my children special transfered to CGE. All the staff is amazing and super nice. They are really pesonable with the children and care about the general wellbeing of the kids their. My kids have been to several different schools because I believe that children should have a great experience at school since they learn, eat, develope, and spend most of their day in school. No other school comes close to CGE. They are the best public school I have ever seen.

Posted May 12, 2010
I am thrilled to be involved at CGE! It is a welcoming school not only for the students but the parents as well. My children have been loved, cared for and taught not only the academics but have been taught to be better citizens and participants in life!

Cedar Grove Elementary School
354 Chaney Rd, Smyrna, TN  37167
Last modified Cedar Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top