Bad
Good

Love Cedar Grove! Mr. G and his staff do a great job!!! We have had two kids that attended and one more this coming year in the fall of '15.

My other half and I were just discussing this morning how pleased we are with the school and our son's teacher. Were we not moving at year end, we would most certainly remain in this district to ensure both of our children attended through 5th year. Ms. Turney, one of the kindergarten teachers, provides just enough balance of sweet and stern for our son and we couldn't be happier. Staff seem friendly and helpful, PTO is wonderful and eager for everyone's participation, and we have seen our son make major educational progress forward since the beginning of the year. We are extremely pleased with CGE thus far and are happy to give the school a much deserved praising!

This is the greatest elementary school! We have been a part of this school since kindergarten and sad to say we will be leaving after this year (5th grade!) I love all the teachers, the support staff and Mr. G and Dr. E are the best!!!!

This is my son first year at this school and he has a great teacher and enjoys going to school but when he broke his nose is when we had problems. The office staff (bookkeeper) and the principal we're very disrespectful to me about me wanting to speak with his teacher since his nose was broke and I had some concerns as a parent and a medical professional. They would not allow me to speak with her even though I got to the school early before school started. The principal kept asking me if I emailed the teacher or called. I could not just come in his school demanding to talk to the teacher. I explained to him that I didn't realize I had to make an appt about my child's health and I never came in his school demanding anything. He still never let me speak to her and I had to write a note anyways. I have never been to a school where the front office staff and principal are rude and disrespectful to a parent. If they are going to treat a parent like this then how are they treating our children.

My son, and nieces attend this school. it has to be the most organized, school! always fun family nights, and things for the kids to do. Not to mention, probably the best principal, a school could ask for!!

Both of my children attended this school and I have had nothing but good experiences here. Both of my children's teachers have always been caring, informative, and very helpful in working with me to get/keep my children on top of their academics. LOVE this school.

My daughter loves this school and, so far, everyone in it! I am very pleased with it as well. As far as the previous comment... I have eaten lunch with my child on several occasions and NEVER saw any of the students cleaning the lunch room. I had a small issue and contacted the office, I received a call the next day with a resolution to my issue. The school has made my child feel very welcome, as she was new to the area and school. We moved to this area for this school and I am very happy with our decision.

I would have given zero stars but the interface made me give at leaste one. My child was in the 5th grade. The integrity and behavior of "L" as a teacher, a professional in her field, and a human being was questionable. Several students said "L" frequently tells students to shut up . Talking to the principal is useless. He vehemently defends them. My child was moved to a different class. At first I was upset but later I was glad, because I m afraid of what I would have done to the teacher had she continued to talk crazy to my child. 75% of the work that comes home is "TCAP review". Is it general practice to study for a standardized test? If your child is unfortunate enough to end up a victim of this poor excuse for a teacher, parent, and role model, I encourage you to communicate with your child how the teacher is treating him/her and talking to them on a daily basis. Be weary and make sure you are involved in what is going on with your child at this school particularly. One more thing I noticed is that the cafeteria workers also make the kids sweep and wipe the table after lunch. Nice way to get the kids to do their jobs.

Absolutely love this school....Refuse to move out of this area until my daughter finishes elementary school.

I love this school. My children love this school! Great teachers and a lot of parent involvement.

Last modified Cedar Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.