Bad
Good

Dr.Phillips and staff at JCS are second to none.The education my child has gotten K-5 has been top notch.Its a smaller school with a friendly environment.To us the parents it's the best around.

I have 1 child in John Colemon who will be entering 4th grade next year. My youngest will begin K 2009. At first, I did not like the appearance of the 'old' building. John Colemon School is a 'learning machine' that is led by the principal. The teachers are dedicated to high standards and goals. The children achieve with outstanding results . These children are taught by excellent educators. A sparkling new building does not guarantee a child will be in a secure and loving environment. I also like the smaller schools where the principal and teachers know each child's name. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child's education. I believe the children attending John Colemon are very lucky.

Excellent School.Great Principle. School is very old and could use some touch ups but all in all it's wonderful.

I love this school! Dr. Phillips (the principal) and teachers are great to work with. My child is doing very well in this school and I feel that he is challenged. I am a very involved parent and I see what goes on in the classroom, and am very pleased. Children are very disciplined in the school, I have noticed since the beginning of school how many kids actually hold the doors open for other people or when a kid falls on the sidewalk that others stop to help. I recommend this school. I was skeptical about it at first but only because I'd heard so many bad things about it. I put my child in it and found out that none of what I'd heard was true. If you talk to parents that have sent kids here, they love it.

Last modified John Colemon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.