Posted February 03, 2010

Posted April 01, 2009
Dr.Phillips and staff at JCS are second to none.The education my child has gotten K-5 has been top notch.Its a smaller school with a friendly environment.To us the parents it's the best around.

John Colemon Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I have 1 child in John Colemon who will be entering 4th grade next year. My youngest will begin K 2009. At first, I did not like the appearance of the 'old' building. John Colemon School is a 'learning machine' that is led by the principal. The teachers are dedicated to high standards and goals. The children achieve with outstanding results . These children are taught by excellent educators. A sparkling new building does not guarantee a child will be in a secure and loving environment. I also like the smaller schools where the principal and teachers know each child's name. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child's education. I believe the children attending John Colemon are very lucky.

Posted May 12, 2007
Excellent School.Great Principle. School is very old and could use some touch ups but all in all it's wonderful.

Posted April 27, 2007
I love this school! Dr. Phillips (the principal) and teachers are great to work with. My child is doing very well in this school and I feel that he is challenged. I am a very involved parent and I see what goes on in the classroom, and am very pleased. Children are very disciplined in the school, I have noticed since the beginning of school how many kids actually hold the doors open for other people or when a kid falls on the sidewalk that others stop to help. I recommend this school. I was skeptical about it at first but only because I'd heard so many bad things about it. I put my child in it and found out that none of what I'd heard was true. If you talk to parents that have sent kids here, they love it.

Posted July 03, 2006
Both of my children attended this school. I must say, the faculty is one of the nicest that we have been involved in. There is NO lack of discipline, only parents who do not discipline their children at home. The teachers are very caring, children get individual help and support, the school is open for parent visits, and children are challenged. The only complant I ever had was about cleanliness of the bathrooms. The janitors do no do a very good job at keeping them clean. Our belief was, if that's all we could find to complain about, it wasnt very much. Every child loves this school and its teachers.

John Colemon Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2006
The Academics are not that great (look at the test scores!) My child is not challenged at this school at all. Some of the staff are very nice people but an over all lack of disapline is obvious when walk through the school in the morings. Children knock other children down with no disciplinary action for such behavior. Stay clear of this school!!!!

Posted December 05, 2005
We are new to TN and very concerned about the test scores I saw for John Colemon. BUt I have to say, this has been the best year for my son's academic career. The scores are inproving by leaps and bounds and my son just loves the school. My only complaint with the school is that there are not a lot of activities for the children until they reach 4th grade. But as far as academics, I could not be more happy.

Posted September 15, 2005
If one on one interaction is what you want, this school definitely offers this to your children. The teachers and faculty are helpful and the children enjoying learning here.

John Colemon Elementary School
100 Wise Dr, Smyrna, TN  37167
Last modified John Colemon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Colemon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top