Posted April 17, 2014
We are completing our first year at DYE... we were a little nervous because the school is older. But, don't judge a book by its cover. I see the principal everyday. He's always out side at drop off waving to parents and welcoming students. Ms. Tulloch was out teacher. My daughter was a very young K student. Although sh e never struggled with academics, she did struggle with "classroom ettiquette". Ms. Tulloch and I spoke several times until we finally came up with a plan, and she excelled quickly! I appreciate the time and attention ms. Tulloch gave my little girl! We are ready to take on 1st grade!

David Youree Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
My son attended a very good private daycare/preschool so my expectations were high as that was my only exposure to academia as he is my only child. The school is older so aesthetically I was taken aback and was a little concerned that now he had "downgraded"....I was very wrong. The school is SO family oriented, all of the teachers are nice and everyone makes it a point to know all of the parents .. from those that help in the morning parking chaos, to those that work in the office up to the principal. Kindergarten teachers who do not even have my son in their class still know his name. They treat the children as their own. I am glad this is the school we are zoned for and I could not have asked for a better introduction to public school. I have signed up to be on the PTO committee and cant wait to meet the other parents! Proud to be an eagle!

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school! I feel like its very safe. The doors lock during the day unless you are buzzed in! Im not really sure about academics yet, but Ms. Tulloch has been a refreshing addition to the staff and Mr. Luper continues to display great leadership! Go eagles!

David Youree Elementary School 0

Posted July 30, 2009
My son has enjoyed his first two years (K and 1st) at DYE. He takes pride in his school and that means a lot. The teachers at this school really care about the children education and lives. They get to know them and treat them with respect.

Posted April 14, 2007
My child has attended this school for 2 years. We love it! The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. We've been blessed to have great teachers. I love the fact that this school is innovative in their teaching practices. They offer job shared classrooms in Kindergarten and 3rd grade. (This is where 2 teachers share a classroom). I was a little apprehensive at first, but after experiencing our Kindergarten teachers, I was SO HAPPY!!! The teachers are so dedicated and enjoy their jobs. Each teacher has different strengths and my child got the best of both teachers. I was so impressed with the communication and consistency of both teachers. My child (and I) loved them both. We wish we could have these teachers each year. I hope my child gets the other job sharing team in third grade. I think this program offers dedicated, fresh, happy teachers that love what they do.

Posted August 05, 2005
The school was great. The facilities are above average and the teachers and staff are first rate. I believe anyone would enjoy this schoool.

Posted April 02, 2005
My 2 children love this school! My son went here K-5 & my daughter is in 1st grade here. What a loving & safe environment they provide.

Posted December 29, 2004
It is my opinion that this is as close to a 'private' public elementary school that can be had. My daughter is in her last year (K-5), and she continues to love DYE. The extracurricular activities are rather limited and I wish there could have been more school-wide extracurricular academic and intramural athletic challenges from kindergarten up. As a working parent, having an after-school care facility inhouse (YMCA) has been wonderful.

Posted September 24, 2004
The principal is wonderful! She had a genuine interest in both of my boys and showed great concern for their performance.

Posted July 13, 2004

David Youree Elementary School
250 Todd La, Smyrna, TN  37167
Last modified David Youree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Youree Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top