Smyrna, TN

Rock Springs Middle School 2

Posted July 23, 2014
Tests count 60% and the teachers forget that the students have multiple classes. The homework is piled on and sometimes you feel like the teachers just don't care. My child did HOURS and HOURS of homework and it only counted a small percentage. TESTS should not count 60% and I'm not sure why things haven't been changed. The teachers mean well and they are a victim of the system that is trying to run them over. Therefore they are getting mad at the students and driving them even harder. This school will prepare you for the future but hours and hours of homework is very difficult. My son also struggles so two hours of homework can be four. I hope things change and the principal helps to keep the teachers from STRESSING out the students. I'm not sure why parents aren't complaining by the dozens about the homework and how things are counted. Please complain if you haven't or things will not changed. It's still a wonderful school, but I'm worried that is slowly changing under the weight of testing and all these crazy policies. Teachers also don't return messages from parents back and this is not good either. I wish I could rate this school higher because it can be such a great place.

Posted January 18, 2011
I think this school is excellent. We have moved frequently and every school we went to my son had bad grades and the teachers never contacted me. I love this school because the teacher emails me for anything and will respond promptly. His grades had shot up to B's and some A's, much improvement! I don't think they are strict and my son is in 7th grade right now and has nothing but good things to say every day. Would highly recommend this school!

Rock Springs Middle School 4

Posted May 12, 2010
I have had children at RSM for two years now. Last year was great, had a problem emailed the principal or teacher always got a quick response. This year is A LOT different. I know how hard these teachers work and appreciate them greatly. We are encouraged as parents with children entering Middle School that it is time to 'let them grow up' and they 'have to figure it out for themselves, mom', but what if they can't? And what if I don't want them to yet? I don't want or like to see my child floundering around with studies, and when I email a teacher (only two times out of a whole year) I expect a response. It doesn't have to be immediate or even the same day, but the same week would be nice. It has now been 4 weeks since my email.

Posted April 27, 2010
Parents and students many times don't know that teachers arrive early for bus duty to make sure each student is safe; they struggle with overloaded classrooms and students with special needs to help them learn; they spend countless hours in the evening (while everyone else has a personal life) grading papers or setting up a new computer program to entice your children to learn- many times forgoing their own family needs just to make sure your children learn; teachers spend money out of their own pockets for school/teaching aids or rewards; teachers take on all the extracurricular activities your child enjoys IN ADDITION TO THEIR TEACHING! I have to wonder how many parents would spend as much time with their own children as these teachers do trying to establish skills they need to know in life and to meet the many requirements of the school. Support them!

Rock Springs Middle School 0

Posted January 14, 2010
Our son attends this school and we are very unhappy and disappointed. Our child went from being an outgoing happy kid to not wanting to go to school at all. It is amazing to me how some of these teachers can be in the profession they are. Some of his teachers(not all) are not encourging or helpful. My son has been screamed at. Told to Shut up and Go figure it out yourself. We have had parent, principal and teacher meetings. Feel these meetings are one way to us and another way to our son when we are not around. We have other friends who have had problems and tried to communiate with school. I wish I had not allowed our son to go 3 years at this school .We should have moved him last year. We are now going to send him to private school. Wish we had sooner..

Rock Springs Middle School 3

Posted August 01, 2009

Rock Springs Middle School 1

Posted June 25, 2009
i do not think this is a good school for my child because they sepperate the grade 8th girls from boys and ki would like my child to have experience with both of the opposite sex!

Posted May 18, 2009
I went to this schol and it is one of my favorite school in the world. Even though they have a dress code no one likes but they have very fun activities and games. the teachers there teaches in a fun way that helps you remenber. They also treat every kid very nicely.

Rock Springs Middle School 2

Posted November 21, 2008

Rock Springs Middle School 0

Posted September 21, 2008
My oldest son attended Rock Springs beginning with its inception in 2001. It is a strict school, but the kids are safe and learning. No, parents do not come in there and try to run the show. My middle child attends now, and he loves it. I look forward to sending my youngest next year.

Rock Springs Middle School
3301 Rock Springs Rd, Smyrna, TN  37187
Last modified Rock Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Springs Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top