No rating

Lancaster Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 550 students

Obtaining Student Scholarships to College

Living in Smyrna

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted May 31, 2009

As a public school teacher, I can attest to the wonderful education at LCA. My children are challenged and are way above most public school peers. I am blessed to have my children attend this school. Mr. O'Dea is a wonderful principal!

Posted January 20, 2009

My children attended LCA for two years before we decided to pull them out because of various issues we had with the administrators and the overall chaos that LCA had become. Both of children made excellent grades at LCA but fell far short of being at grade level when tested at another local Christian School. We had to invest in nearly a year's worth of tutoring to help them both get up caught up with their new classmates. If you value the quality of your child's education, don't buy into that whole 'we test 2-3 grades higher than everyone else' bit. It's not true!

Posted January 17, 2009

I agree with most of the blogs here- tremendous basketball program with a great coach. He teaches them life lessons on a daily basis through the sport. This program is in pursuit of excellence.

Posted December 28, 2008

We have had our child in a public school until this year. He transferred over from a public school. LCA has been a wonderful school for my son to grow in the Lord, and he learns life lessons daily from his basketball coaches which love him enough to discipline him and help him reach his potential. I love the teams motto- no regrets- they play all out for the glory of God and have no regrets when they step off the court. Our son has played at the public school level and while the competition is better, the learning and development of the overall player and person are not. We are so very happy that we made the change and are telling all of our friends that are serious about pursuing their passion to join the LCA family. I have no regrets about sending our son to LCA. Great bball program.

Posted September 21, 2008

The teachers are caring individuals who go above and beyond what they are asked to do, I as a parent have witnessed this on several occassions. We have enjoyed watching a great sports program. The football team is doing great and Lancaster has a top notch basketball program that we have watched have unparralled success for the past two seasons. I look forward to watching all the teams in the future.

Posted September 4, 2008

It is the best place any student could ask for. I have been attending Lancaster Christian Academy for three years, and it is absolutely fantastic
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 20, 2008

One of the best basketball programs in the state and have teachers that care about the welfare of every student. Great Godly environment for a student to learn in.

Posted August 9, 2008

I am parent of K5 student this coming school year. My daughter entered into the Lancaster program at Pre-K level and the faculty at Lancaster has been wonderful. My daughter was extremely pre-mature and due to the income of our household, did not qualify for the assistance needed from the county so she entered into Pre-K behind on developmental levels of most 4 year olds. However the faculty of Lancaster, not just her assigned teacher, worked hard this past year and she has improved tremendously. Her education and christian foundation is the most important thing to me right now. Lancaster has the christ-like foundation she needs.

Posted June 11, 2008

Wonderful faculty and great basketball program. I believe there's no perfect school! I know that LCA is better for my son than his RCS zoned school.

Posted March 30, 2008

We left the worst primary school in LaVergne for Lancaster Christian Academy in Smyrna. This is a wonderful school that is affordable ($5000 per year). One of my daughter's first remarks about her classmates were that they all knew their grace and courtesies. My daughter has had some challenges, she had been on the principal's list at the public school, and struggled for the first month or two before she caught on. Her teacher was very helpful and told her if she wasn't being challenged then she belonged in a higher grade. She subsequently has made the principal's list every grading period. I can't say enough great things about this school. Christians of every denomination are welcome and we do not see a dominance by any one church affiliation.

Posted February 12, 2008

I love this school. My child has been here since pre-k, and six years later we love it. The staff is wonderful. I cannot explain how I feel when my child talks about how he loves the Lord first, before me.

Posted December 19, 2007

I am a parent and also a teacher here at LCA. The school has doubled in size and with that growth, we have to adjust. My two daughters however are receiving an excellent education. The high school also has a number of certified teachers with advanced degrees.

Posted December 6, 2007

We pulled our child out after one year. Nothing that was promised to us was followed through. I am now concerned about my child's education. He fell way behind due to poor planning on the school's part. He had children in his class that were not ready for that particular grade level. He is now in public school and is much happier.

Posted November 1, 2007

We've had our child at LCA for seven years now. It's an outstanding Christian school with the best teachers your going to find, even at schools with twice the tuition. It's disappointing to see the angry posts here. My child is an ABC student at LCA and we started him in the best rated HS in Rutherford County. He was breezing through easy A's in the Honors class there. We were so excited to get him back into LCA where there is true academic challenge with a Christ centered culture. LCA gets many kudos for their growth in the sports and arts, especially considering how young the school is. We've been involved in different aspects throughout the years and are well acquainted with a good cross section of students and parents K-12. The owners have a true passion for Christian education.

Posted October 31, 2007

Organization seems to be a major problem at this school. Parents are often not informed of happenings. This only creates stress on families. Non-legalistic? This school is anything but.

Posted October 30, 2007

Theologically it is great. Our children quote Bible verses and are beginning to grasp the Gospel. Academically we are concerned. The school states the students are testing 2-3 years above average but we have not seen any documentation to support that claim. The curriculum seems average and the student/teacher ratio large. The above average testing (if true) may not be due to the school. Organizationally they are frustrating. You must make separate payments for tuition, after care, lunch, milk, trips, etc. Several times our payments were posted incorrectly and we were sent late notices. The school doubled in size since last year and is experiencing growth problems. We are cautiously monitoring the situation and reevaluating our options. If they can fix the problems and deliver on the above average testing we will stay until college.

Posted October 30, 2007

This School is Amazing! The teachers are top notch, the administration is excellent & the level of non-legalistic Christian training is priceless! I am so proud to have my children attend Lancaster Christian Academy, and I highly recommend it to everyone we know!

Posted October 24, 2007

While it is cheap in comparison to other schools, parents are still not getting their money's worth. Things were promised to us that were never followed through on. Small class sizes, regular extracurriculars, and one on one help are just a few of these items.

Posted October 24, 2007

They promote Christian values, yet treat parents and teachers horribly. We pulled our child out and she is so much happier elsewhere

Posted October 24, 2007

I cannot speak for the elementary school. However, I do know that the middle and high school students at LCA are receiving the following extra-curriculars this school year: Spanish, French, Keyboarding, PE, Psychology, Music Appreciation, Art Appreciation, Math Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Spanish Club, Chess Club, Journalism, Student Council, National Honor Society, Drama Club, Theatre, and of course athletics (volleyball, cheerleading, cross country, football, basketball, soccer, and softball). I just wanted to clarify any misconceptions regarding the middle and high school program at LCA. I do believe that similar clubs, class sizes, and one-on-one work happens at the elementary school as well.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Smyrna High
Public School
LaVergne Schools
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 95% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 5% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Christian Universities
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Special education
Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:10 am
School end time
  • 3:10 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Kevin Odea
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Sports

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Drama club
  • Foreign language and culture club
  • Math club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Join PTO/PTA

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year
Applications received for the 2013-2014 school year
100
Students typically come from these schools
Smyrna High

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Christian Universities
College preparation / awareness offered
SAT/ACT prep classes
College presentations or information sessions
College prep programs/courses during the year
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013