No rating

Lancaster Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 550 students

Obtaining Student Scholarships to College

Living in Smyrna

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $120,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $720.

Posted August 6, 2014

I'm posting a follow up post to the 11/8/13 post. Although we are not continuing on with LCA, we did see improvements with the communication. The school has a way of growing on you and we were actually kind of torn about whether to leave or stay but we felt led to try another school. We have no complaints with the academics. Our child thrived academically and scored very well on the SAT. The environment is loving and nurturing and it s very obvious that the teachers and staff care about the children. With all of this being said, we still think that the school can do better administratively. For starters, the school should ask for feedback from existing parents on how the school can be better. Criticism can be tough but jewels can often times be found in the midst. Secondly, the school could utilize technology a bit more as it pertains to the administration, that's probably why where the gap is with being organized. Overall we have no regrets with LCA and would recommend the school with caveats. We wish all the best for the school and the students.

Posted June 19, 2014

What a great school! We are so proud to send our kids there. They have the BEST staff and administrators in the state! Proud to be an LCA KNIGHT!!!

Posted June 13, 2014

I have the privilege to teach @ LCA and have witnessed the growth of students both academically and spiritually. In 1st Thessalonians, it states..."esteem them very highly in love." Harmonizing heart and brain through this love that we have at our school helps us to bring forth excellence in our academic studies. We have come far in fostering advanced ACT scores in our prep classes, applying applicable knowledge in cognitive content, ensuing strong social development, and in rooting foundations that warrant well-rounded individuals that belong to an educational community/family where we strive to be like-minded unto Christ. Collectively, we work together faithfully to build an environment where the child is taught, supported, nurtured, encouraged, but most of all, loved. From student retreats to academics to athletics to Coffee Houses to liberal arts field trips to dances to proms to end-of-the-year trips to our beloved weekly chapels, the educational growth and development of each child coupled with a love for Christ is truly the intended goal. I LOVE my school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 10, 2014

My daughter was very successful at Lancaster! She had wonderful teachers who were supportive and involved with, not only her education, but with her. She really thrived and excelled under their leadership. She was able to take honors courses and scored a 29 on her ACT as a result. She has been accepted into an honors program at college and that has much to do with the dedication of her teachers. Her senior advisers worked tirelessly to help her obtain scholarships to be able to attend college. We are so thankful for Lancaster. It is a school like no other! We were blessed to be able to send our daughter there!

Posted June 8, 2014

Lancaster Christian Academy is a GREAT school... there is no where else like it. Most of the negative posts you will see are from people who needed to leave the school anyway. Our kids love this school. We never thought we would end up in private school but now we would never have our kids anywhere else. Go visit the school before you make a judgement call. You will really love what you see!!!!

Posted June 6, 2014

Terrible. Absolutely terrible. My daughter switched here from a different Nashville private school and we were very displeased. The teachers (if you can call them that) had no idea how to create a decent learning environment. I would look at my daughters homework and was shocked to see how behind the lessons were compared to her other school. The administration is very disorganized and have been quite snide and judgmental. If you want your child to receive a quality education to prepare them for their future then I suggest you look elsewhere.

Posted November 8, 2013

Early Learning Students seem to have fun and enjoy LCA. However, the administration is completely unorganized to the 10th power and makes the parent experience almost miserable. The communication is unorganized (nonexistent, inconsistent, lacking pertinent info, outdated, late, or just simply wrong) and makes the school seem borderline incompetent. LCA could be so much better than it is. We're not sure that we'll be continuing on past Early Learning unless we see improvements in this area. I'm not saying don't send your child here, kids seem to like it and the teachers and staff are nice, but if you like professionalism, then prepare yourself for frustration.

Posted October 12, 2013

My School is Lancaster Christian Academy, I can PROUDLY state. I enjoy each day, unlike the public school I attended... there simply is NO comparison period!! The faculty, staff, administrators, and students are simply stated AWESOME. . . sorry if anyone else disagrees, however I am there now and have NEVER had such a tremendous educational experience and well as all the great new friends, whom I find we each have so very much "in common with!" I sincerely am honored, Blessed and most thankful for having this magnificent and wonderful experience. Blessings to all the LCA "team!"

Posted March 25, 2013

The teachers and staff are not christians. The school is extremely unorganized. The charges and fees are excessive. They do not foster a loving caring environment for students.

Posted July 19, 2012

If you like daily E-Mails from your kids school, you will be pleased. Unfortunately they almost always contain the phrases: "the cost for this funtion is..." and "the fee for this material or service is..." This school will 20 and 40 dollar you to death. All year long. Especially athletics, 100's of dollars, as they contribute little. Dispite the high tuition, they act as if they are on the brink of bancruptcy. Rutherford county has great public schools. Save your thousands and thousands for your kids college. Be smart. I wasn't.

Posted April 15, 2012

I agree totally that the two recently fired teachers need to be reinstated. Based on the information I have, they couldn't have know what was happening and should not be held responsible. Not to mention, they are good teachers that genuinely care about the students.

Posted April 13, 2012

Our children have been at Lancaster for 7 years now. We love the school and have no complaints. The teachers are fantastic!!! They teach Godly principles every day. You can tell they are really commited to the students. The drama department is out of this world. Both our children love Lancaster and enjoy school. Lancaster is more then just a school, its a real family, that we are glad we are a part of!

Posted March 12, 2012

Please bring back the two recent teachers that were just let go. I thought the school believes in second chances? Teachers can not be held accountable for all the things the students do. Babysitters by state requirements can not have more than 6 children to one sitter if the teachers are now babysitters they should have same staffing ratio. How sad for two people with families to lose their jobs for poor choices made by teenagers. This sets a bad example to the students - if we mess up our teachers will have to pay the ultimate price. The students will simply have to go to a new school these men have been tarnished without provoking the incident.

Posted December 8, 2011

Awesome school! Our family just loves it! Very caring teachers and administration! Great family atmosphere!

Posted June 29, 2011

We have been very pleased with the progress our daughter has made during her first year at Lancaster and her first year as a high school student. We found the teachers to be very professional and caring and going above and beyond to help our daughter have a great year. The administration is always ready to help in any way or area needed. They always have an encouraging and kind spirit. We are thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful school!

Posted July 23, 2010

When I read the negative comments about this school, I am left wondering, "Have we experienced the same place?" LCA is everything I have ever wanted in a school for my kids. It is a warm, inviting, and Christian atmosphere where all the teachers and principals know the all kids by name. My daughter has a rich Biblical knowlege and is able to put that knowledge in practice in her life. The teachers keep an open line of communication with parents, and my daughter has in fact tested 2 to 3 years beyond her grade level in certain areas. The student body has diversity, and the families who send their children there are normal, down to earth hard working people - there is no aire of pretention or snobbery that is pervasive in so many private schools. I love this school and highly recommend it.

Posted May 10, 2010

I have a daughter in Kindergarten at LCA. She has been there one year and we have already enrolled her for 1st grade next year. I am amazed at many of the bad comments I have found on the Internet about LCA. To date, our daughter seems to have learned far more in one year of K than I ever did in public school when i was a child. We have constant and open communication with her teacher and as of now I see no reason to not enroll her younger brother once he is of age.

Posted April 25, 2010

I have a son in second grade at LCA and it has been the best year of his schooling. He has been in 4 school and this is by far the best. The atmosphere is wonderful. The teachers work so hard and have a passion for what they do. the administration takes the time to get to know the kids. It is a wonderful place.

Posted February 16, 2010

I was a student at LCA for four years. Although I can not say what lancaster is like this school year, I can say what it was like for me in the past. Most of my teachers were excellent, trying to think of new ways to teach. I also made great friends. There was always a focus on the Bible at LCA, however, because it is a non-denominational school, each teacher views the Bible in different ways. This caused me and some of my fellow classmates confusion about certain topics. There is also a lack of organization in the school. There were a few times when my family recieved notices that bills had not been paid when we had paid the school early. So even though, for the most part, I enjoyed school, lots of it was a disappointing.

Posted January 5, 2010

I am a public school teacher and must say that I am very satisfied with LCA's curriculum compared to the public sector. This is my children's third year at LCA and I am pleased with each teacher's committment to my children's growth. As with anything, I do believe you have to shop for a school that fits your families' needs and beliefs. Is LCA perfect? (Absolutely not) Honestly, aside from this school needing to improve in the organizational department/teacher retention and needing a better qualified assistant principal, I have no complaints. The administration and staff have been nothing less than loving, caring, and respectful to my children and my family.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Smyrna High
Public School
LaVergne Schools
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 95% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 5% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Christian Universities
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Special education
Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:10 am
School end time
  • 3:10 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Kevin Odea
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Sports

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Drama club
  • Foreign language and culture club
  • Math club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Join PTO/PTA

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year
Applications received for the 2013-2014 school year
100
Students typically come from these schools
Smyrna High

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Christian Universities
College preparation / awareness offered
SAT/ACT prep classes
College presentations or information sessions
College prep programs/courses during the year
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013