Smyrna, TN
Before care: Yes

Lancaster Christian Academy 3

Posted August 06, 2014
I'm posting a follow up post to the 11/8/13 post. Although we are not continuing on with LCA, we did see improvements with the communication. The school has a way of growing on you and we were actually kind of torn about whether to leave or stay but we felt led to try another school. We have no complaints with the academics. Our child thrived academically and scored very well on the SAT. The environment is loving and nurturing and it s very obvious that the teachers and staff care about the children. With all of this being said, we still think that the school can do better administratively. For starters, the school should ask for feedback from existing parents on how the school can be better. Criticism can be tough but jewels can often times be found in the midst. Secondly, the school could utilize technology a bit more as it pertains to the administration, that's probably why where the gap is with being organized. Overall we have no regrets with LCA and would recommend the school with caveats. We wish all the best for the school and the students.

Posted June 19, 2014
What a great school! We are so proud to send our kids there. They have the BEST staff and administrators in the state! Proud to be an LCA KNIGHT!!!

Posted June 13, 2014
I have the privilege to teach @ LCA and have witnessed the growth of students both academically and spiritually. In 1st Thessalonians, it states..."esteem them very highly in love." Harmonizing heart and brain through this love that we have at our school helps us to bring forth excellence in our academic studies. We have come far in fostering advanced ACT scores in our prep classes, applying applicable knowledge in cognitive content, ensuing strong social development, and in rooting foundations that warrant well-rounded individuals that belong to an educational community/family where we strive to be like-minded unto Christ. Collectively, we work together faithfully to build an environment where the child is taught, supported, nurtured, encouraged, but most of all, loved. From student retreats to academics to athletics to Coffee Houses to liberal arts field trips to dances to proms to end-of-the-year trips to our beloved weekly chapels, the educational growth and development of each child coupled with a love for Christ is truly the intended goal. I LOVE my school.

Posted June 10, 2014
My daughter was very successful at Lancaster! She had wonderful teachers who were supportive and involved with, not only her education, but with her. She really thrived and excelled under their leadership. She was able to take honors courses and scored a 29 on her ACT as a result. She has been accepted into an honors program at college and that has much to do with the dedication of her teachers. Her senior advisers worked tirelessly to help her obtain scholarships to be able to attend college. We are so thankful for Lancaster. It is a school like no other! We were blessed to be able to send our daughter there!

Posted June 08, 2014
Lancaster Christian Academy is a GREAT school... there is no where else like it. Most of the negative posts you will see are from people who needed to leave the school anyway. Our kids love this school. We never thought we would end up in private school but now we would never have our kids anywhere else. Go visit the school before you make a judgement call. You will really love what you see!!!!

Posted June 06, 2014
Terrible. Absolutely terrible. My daughter switched here from a different Nashville private school and we were very displeased. The teachers (if you can call them that) had no idea how to create a decent learning environment. I would look at my daughters homework and was shocked to see how behind the lessons were compared to her other school. The administration is very disorganized and have been quite snide and judgmental. If you want your child to receive a quality education to prepare them for their future then I suggest you look elsewhere.

Lancaster Christian Academy 2

Posted November 08, 2013
Early Learning Students seem to have fun and enjoy LCA. However, the administration is completely unorganized to the 10th power and makes the parent experience almost miserable. The communication is unorganized (nonexistent, inconsistent, lacking pertinent info, outdated, late, or just simply wrong) and makes the school seem borderline incompetent. LCA could be so much better than it is. We're not sure that we'll be continuing on past Early Learning unless we see improvements in this area. I'm not saying don't send your child here, kids seem to like it and the teachers and staff are nice, but if you like professionalism, then prepare yourself for frustration.

Posted October 12, 2013
My School is Lancaster Christian Academy, I can PROUDLY state. I enjoy each day, unlike the public school I attended... there simply is NO comparison period!! The faculty, staff, administrators, and students are simply stated AWESOME. . . sorry if anyone else disagrees, however I am there now and have NEVER had such a tremendous educational experience and well as all the great new friends, whom I find we each have so very much "in common with!" I sincerely am honored, Blessed and most thankful for having this magnificent and wonderful experience. Blessings to all the LCA "team!"

Posted March 25, 2013
The teachers and staff are not christians. The school is extremely unorganized. The charges and fees are excessive. They do not foster a loving caring environment for students.

Posted July 19, 2012
If you like daily E-Mails from your kids school, you will be pleased. Unfortunately they almost always contain the phrases: "the cost for this funtion is..." and "the fee for this material or service is..." This school will 20 and 40 dollar you to death. All year long. Especially athletics, 100's of dollars, as they contribute little. Dispite the high tuition, they act as if they are on the brink of bancruptcy. Rutherford county has great public schools. Save your thousands and thousands for your kids college. Be smart. I wasn't.

Lancaster Christian Academy
150 Soccer Way, Smyrna, TN  37167
Last modified Lancaster Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lancaster Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top