Soddy-Daisy, TN

Posted August 22, 2013
Allen elementary is a very good school !! My two daughters went there and loved it . The teachers are very caring and concerned about my children's progress . The whole staff is like a huge family concerned for their kids . I currently live up north and whenever I talk about good schools Allen elementary is always the one .

Allen Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2012
We love this school and so does our daughter, but the teachers that play favorites and the teacher/student cliques needs to stop. I have witnessed teacher children getting away with things that other kids get in trouble.

Allen Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2010
Allen Elementary was a great place for students a few years ago. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. All the teachers are very hard working, but the administration is sorely lacking. They lead through bullying and intimidating their teachers, and that makes for a very poor environment. Our test scores have gone done for the past two years. This is a direct result of administration. Favored teachers don't produce the scores for the school, while others who do are not treated equally. Teacher morale is the lowest I have seen it in over ten years.

Posted December 10, 2009
My children both attend Allen Elementary. The administration and teachers are all great with the kids!! If other negative post concern you, I would suggest you go spend the day and see how happy the kids are there. I am very pleased with my kids education and know they are in great hands when they are there!!

Allen Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter just left 5th grade. I am glad that her school years at Allen are over. In her lower grades it went smoothly. She had a problem with bullying when she started 2nd and 3rd and it followed her. The principal nor asst. principal did not handle this as they should have to start with. There is alot of favortism in this school. It seemed that the principal did listen to a few parents in particular when she should of listened to alot more or asked more questions of them. I was a heavy volunteer and PTA and my child was shown no favortism or got the awards as others did. The character awards are a crock! It is all favortism and a popularity vote. Most teachers don't choose the child because then they will be told they have favorites. My other child will not go there!

Posted November 25, 2008
As a teacher at Allen Elementary for over 10 years, I have seen tremendous growth and achievement at our school. It is a pleasure to work at a school where the long-term staff is dedicated and determined to offer the best education for our students. We have been through times of questionable decisions in our administration, but the staff has remained dedicated to the purpose of learning. In the past 2 years, Allen has achieved straight A status, and we do plan, as a staff, in doing everything in our power to maintain that status. But the first and foremost goal is the children of this school, and seeing the achievement that this wonderful staff helps to acomplish.

Posted September 16, 2008
I'm really confused as to why this school has a '9' rating on this site. If you are a parent considering this school please read the other reviews. There is no organization or support for parents at this school. We have also experienced the teachers showing favoritism and so far, the learning curve is far behind that of his last school. Very, very sorry I paid attention to the '9' instead of the reviews.

Posted April 16, 2008
The faculty works hard to give my child the best education possible. I am very happy with the principals and teachers at Allen. My children are learning and happy there.

Allen Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2006
The principal and some of the teachers at this school act as if they want to help but really don't want too. I don't understand why they are there if they don't care about the children they are working with or are with all day. There are children that have problems like disabilities,hypertension, or may just have a problem with a teacher. Many teachers in this school show that they like one child more than the other, tell the children in the classroom that they are going to not have a good report card and let the whole class know who it is. This is all WRONG in every way possible. This school really needs to change some thing about the school if they plan on being an A/B school. I hope this helps other parents decide what school they want there kids to go too. Good luck!

Allen Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2006
My child has attended this school for 4 years now. I feel that some of the teachers are great and dedicated and some seem like they just don't want to be there. I also feel there is alot of favortism at this school. The kids who get picked for the special awards , like character traits , are the same every year and have parents that are either teachers, heavy volunteeers or on the PTA. They do have a great AR reading program and Arts program though.

9811 Dallas Hollow Road, Soddy-Daisy, TN  37379
Last modified Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top