Somerville, TN

Posted April 29, 2015
I graduated from Fayette Academy 3 years ago. Now I am in college and I couldn't be more thankful that my parents sent me to Fayette. Yes it's small and everybody knows your business, but that is what I loved about it! The teachers are amazing, and the relationships you build with them are eternal. Every time I see one of my teachers now they always ask me how college is going and are truly concerned with my success. In reviews below that I read, they said that bullying was a huge issue and I am just appalled. I never heard or saw anything like that when I was there and I don't believe that could be true. My point here is that you have to actually put forth effort at Fayette Academy. Your diploma isn't just handed to you. You have to work hard and actually understand the material that is given to you; otherwise, you are going to be flabbergasted when you get into college. This is a great school and I will stand up for it any day.

Posted April 21, 2015
I really liked the small close environment and that everyone knows your name, its like a big extended family. It really helps with learning and being able to get that one on one attention some people need.

Posted April 16, 2014
The elementary and middle school is wonderful but the high school, not so much. It's a small school (60 kids per grade) so everyone knows what's going on with everyone. It's stereotypical. If you are not a family resident of the area of Somerville, you will have trouble fitting in. They're a big family, very nice, but it's not hard to be an outsider. The high school curriculum struggles to offer all classes required to get into good colleges. The teachers are never even in the classroom. If they do show up, they usually give you the assignment, say its self explanatory and you do it alone. The assignment is always very easy. I never even have homework. The discipline is very poor. I sat in the classroom with one of my fellow classmates yell at the teacher for 10 minutes because he thought the teacher was wrong. He was sent to ISS but he doesn't care because he's been 6 times this year and it's easy because he gets to sleep all day. The teachers are easy on him because he's one of the family. This school is very behind for technology. The buildings are old. My computer teacher wanted to switch to Mac but the headmaster said no, we don't need to. There's no forward thinking here.

Posted January 23, 2014
I am currently a student at Fayette academy, and I have been attending for 10 years. My family and I thought that the grueling years would pay off in the end and I would have a great group of friends and have an acceptional education, VERY WRONG. This school is not the "Christian school" they claim to be! Students, faculty, and teachers are not accepting to anyone who is different! Bullying is a huge issue here and it is often overlooked or put on the back burner. The location is great but the atmosphere, not so much.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 18, 2014
During my student s tenure at Fayette Academy, in my professional and personal opinion, my child received well below an acceptable level of education. There is an extremely pitiful level of leadership from staff, both from administration and teachers, and I feel that any child having to undergo an education at this institution will be embedded with anxiety issues from the environment they are exposed too. If your child is different in any manner from the redneck mannerisms, they will be prosecuted for their individualism and have their character endured for years to come. I HIGHLY advise you consider other private schools in the area and not send your loved one to the trailer part they consider a school.

Posted January 05, 2014
I am a FA graduate and received a great education. I am also a college graduate. My children are current students at FA. By the ACT scores and scholarship money awarded each year I would say this is a great school. The percentage of students scoring 30 and above on the ACT at this school is incredible. My kids love this school !!!

Posted January 04, 2014
I have gone to fayette academy I had the worst years of my life I was bullied I was picked on and I don't think it is a good school just because I had a boyfriend and me and him did things outside of school people would pick on me about it and don't send your kid to this school it is horrible I have almost failed collage because I was not prepaired

Posted October 01, 2013
I am a graduate of FA and my children are also FA graduates. My children did well in college and have done well in their professional lives. Yes, we made sacrifices to keep them in private school, but their education was a priority. The faculty is the best -- they loved my children and gave them the opportunity to succeed and helped instill the drive to excel.

Posted September 30, 2013
My school is Fayette Academy. They focus on students and results. The students are well mannered and respectful. They get a great education and what they need for college.

Fayette Academy 2

Posted March 30, 2013
I have two children, one in Fayette the other graduated from there. The school has gone down hill with the new head master. The price is going up but the education is going down. My son received scholarships to a private collage and could not pass. He was not prepared for it.He was not the only one in his class who had trouble. We are thinking on sending our last child to a private school in Jackson. The school might not be there in ten years, It might not take that long. Enrollment is down below the operating budget.

Fayette Academy