Sparta, TN

Woodland Park Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2012
Where do they find these ppl?I have had the unfortunate encounter of my 2 children going to this school.The staff has been very cold & disconcerning of my children & toward myself & my husband. We are new to the Sparta community & shortly after our move here we became carless right before Christmas without a way of even finding jobs.My children recently got sick at school & when we spoke with the staff we was told we would have to pick our children up when called or they would call the department of children services.I was informed that was protacal.Ok we are new to Sparta have no car no jobs no Family No Friends .They said they would give us a number to a taxi service.We are poor & struggling to make it.Yet we should call a taxi!! We don't have 2 dimes to rub togather.The school is not close enough to walk to & we have a 8 month old at home also.When unable to pick our children up a staff member came to our house without our children with the police! We were then treated as tho we were bad parents & was even told we needed to make our children a 1st priority.... Infact took the oppurtunity to look down their noise at someone in crisis & make them feel worse about their situation.

Woodland Park Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2011
I once thought this elementary school was the greatest elementary school in White County, but a recent incident has lead me to believe otherwise. Something happened that made me concerend for my daughter's, and other children's, safety. Also, I get these little notes that my daughter has had to indure some form of punishment, but my wife and I are never told why. If my child is being punished, we want to know why! This school has honestly went down hill over the past couple of years, and it would be nice if it could be improved.

Woodland Park Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2010
Woodland Park is a wonderful place to work. My son went to Woodland and his Dad and I are very pleased with the education he recieved. :)

Woodland Park Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
This school use to be the best in Sparta. But, it is really going down hill bad an Fast!! I have had 2 kids to go there an 1 an still untill next year if things don't change. Most of the teachers act like they don't care what so ever. Just want to get in an out at the end of the day. I remember when I went to school there. At least the teachers acted like they really cared an loved their jobs an the kids. I remember many days after school till atleast 5pm if not later that teachers would stay after on their own to help students. There are a handfull that truely act like they still care an are there for the right reasons thou. The principal is not too good at talking to parents an handling problems .

Posted April 08, 2010
Woodland Park is a wonderful elementary school. In my opinion, it is the only real-world elementary school in the county. This school is racially and economically diverse, and it has the most severe students with handicaps in the county. To some his may seem unimportant, however, it allows our children to have the experiences and compassion at a younger age than many others in the county have. They also have a wonderful basketball and cheerleading teams, teachers, and an after-school program that enriches children's learning. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 13, 2009
this school is the only one that has classes for cdc and when there are plenty more elementary schools to choose from i woud choose this one because they have friendly staff, teachers, and a principle. there isn't hours of homework either

Posted November 08, 2008
this is a great shool every one gets a lot of help and i would want all the kids to go there

Posted March 11, 2008
The teachers do not make any effort to try and teach a student with any type of learning disabilities. Too much homework is sent home, 4 hours of homework is way too much for an elementary school student at Woodland park.

Woodland Park Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2007
I have 2 children at Woodland Park, and I could not be happier with it! The entire staff is wonderful and have the children's best interest always in mind. I highly recommend this school.

Posted July 02, 2007
I have two granddaughters that goes to this school and three that have went there in the past.The teachers and staff at this school all have shown that they want the students to do their best. My granddaughter that lives with me will be going into the third grade this fall and her teachers have been great.

Woodland Park Elementary School
88 Panther Dr, Sparta, TN  38583
Last modified Woodland Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top