Van Buren Co High School 1

Posted June 07, 2014
This schools management is awful. My brother goes there and is supposed to receive free lunch and failed to turn in the free lunch paper. Even though he created the problem by not turning it in the school did not let my mother know until the amount was over $150. My mother is on a very fixed income and cannot afford it. The school is holding his last report card until it is paid. It would be a completely different situation if they had been periodically letting them know. This would have never happened at the school that my son goes to and The schools that I attended in the past. If the amount gets over $10 then a notice is sent and a call is made. If I have to I will fight this school any way that I have to until someone takes some of the blame. Thank you.

Posted March 10, 2010
Great school. Teachers honestly care about the kids and can watch them more carefully since this is a small school. Even though this is a small school they have an amazing program all of the teacher are great and volunteer to help kids even on their on time. Great school..

Posted September 01, 2009
I attended this school and my kids have attended here. The staff is great and seem to genuinely care about the kids. My son just graduated from here in the top ten of his class and has enrolled in the Mechanical Engineering program at Tennessee Tech. Univ. where I think he can successfully continue the preparation for his adult life. This school definitely made a difference in his life and I will be eternally grateful to everyone who had a part in that.

Van Buren Co High School 4

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted March 26, 2009

Van Buren Co High School 0

Posted November 19, 2008
I've had 4 of our 5 children attend this school. They transferred from a school in SW FL that had a massive budget. VB Co schools operate on a shoe string budget and they make the most of every single penny. The staff truly cares about the children and they volunteer to stay after classes to tudor the children that need it - for free. This is phenomenal school with amazing staff.

Van Buren Co High School 1

Posted March 11, 2008

Van Buren Co High School 2

Posted January 02, 2008

Posted July 12, 2007
Although Van Buren County H.S. cannot offer the resources that a larger more populated community could - they offer something that other schools cannot. The teachers, students and parents seem to all work together in creating a very welcoming environment for learning. Resource limitations determine size and variety of class options, often with an emphasis on agricultural. Teachers are fair and work with students who need extra help in preparation for tests. The faculty seems to genuinely care about the student s education and general well being. As a transplant, it was a relief that I did not have to worry about my child's school experience while I was battling cancer and a divorce. It felt as if the entire community embraced and protected one another while always promoting team spirit / sportsmanship / respect. I am very pleased with the quality of education system and people involved with the school.

Van Buren Co High School 2

Posted January 12, 2005

Van Buren Co High School
337 Sparta St, Spencer, TN  38585
Last modified Van Buren Co High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Buren Co High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top