Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have biological & foster children that have attended this school. We loved working with the teachers & staff. I understand that many people have problems getting foster children enrolled in a school but when I've had to, they accept the paperwork to the best of my ability, let me walk the child to class & I am able to go on to work. It couldn't be smoother! Very organized & caring staff.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Enough homework to learn but done by dinner to have family time!

My kindergartener was the bottom yet oldest in her class. Minimum income family we could not afford prek or tutoring. This school has been a miracle! She is advancing. Doing things she couldn't have done the week before. They help her not only thrive at school with free tutoring but that she also thrives at home by helping me help her. If it were not for the staff at this amazing school my child would be repeating kindergarten. But now she will be advancing into 1st grade ready and with a confident spirit in her! Highly recommend!!!

I have had 3 children go into this school. The teachers here make learning fun and involve parents in everything. The principal here is great, she goes above and beyond to keep this school in order. I have one more that will be going into Kindergarten in the next year, she has been to this school visiting her siblings and can't wait until she gets to go there.

a great school except I think my grandchild needs special needs other than another year in first grade, and three hours of homework,

am sure everyone is buzzing about our MWES principal. I just want to say in our experience, as the parent of 3 children that have or are attending there, we saw Mr. Harrison a lot. He was always out and about, inviting, welcoming and friendly. He was never too busy to take a minute when you expressed a concern. He always took the time to be a part of a meeting with a parent and teacher if needed. My kids simply loved him, that said that sometimes he was strict, but said he is doing his job to keep us all safe. One of my children, had to visit Mr. Harrison on a few occasions due to his behavior, etc. Mr. Harrison took time to REALLY TALK and COMMUNICATE to my son. My son came home & knew I had already been called by the principal. But my son left the office that day with even more respect for his principal, Mr. Harrison. He said, he knew (even though he got in trouble) Mr. Harrison really cared about him. He genuinely took the time to instill different ways to handle things and why... he took time to help him react better....and It worked. I don't know what happened, but I do know there are always 2 sides to very story.

My son has been going to MWES for the past 2 years now and love his teacher. The Principal there is very unprofessional, and for the safety officer he well he's just a joke seem to like to pick on boys. For some reason my son just must have a bulls eye on. The school is great and I would recommend it however they need to go.

The teachers and staff are great! No air conditioning for 23 days now is not. How do you expect children to learn in hot germy classrooms?

MWES is a very welcoming and friendly school. I have a 1st and 3rd grader there. Their is pride with the school and area. Many teachers have even taught for many years in Williamson county. The teachers have been kind and on-task with making certain the children are reaching appropriate goals. I feel the school does a great job of letting kids be kids but challenging them as well. Most teachers welcome parents at the school and are thankful for their help. I do believe the administration could be better with parent/school communication.

As a mother of a son with ADHD, I experienced excellent communication, support and a fantastic curriculum tailored specifically to his needs and adjusted as each school year progressed. The parents are truly involved. The more familiar you become with the staff, the more welcoming they are. From the "Good Morning" greeter at the car rider line, to the teachers, principal, cafeteria staff, etc. I am always met with a smile when I come to the school.

Last modified Marvin Wright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.