Strawberry Plains, TN

Posted August 27, 2014
The school is very bad at principal turnover-5 new principals in 5 years. Every year,they get a new teacher (s) The school is prejudiced towards the lower economic students,favoring students that are of a higher economic class The school practices favoritism:certain students/parents are allowed to do what others students/parents are not allowed to or are penalized for doing Special Needs Students & their IEPS/504's are ignored and not followed Students are passed from grade to grade despite not having mastered the current grade curriculum Parent Involvement is not encouraged The school resource officer who is also a school board member makes the decisions for the school instead of the principals Had I had a choice,my children would NOT attend this school

Posted September 19, 2012
My children started this school in January 2011 One was Kindergarten and the other in 6th. The fall of 2012 I pulled them both to start homeschool. The principals could care less about bullying, lazy teachers, or any other issues that might be brought to their attention. A few teachers care but that is for the elementary section. The middle school area has very little control over student actions and no interaction between parents/teachers. In general I would suggest the school get new principals & teachers.

Rush Strong Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2011
I have children that have already graduated from Rush Strong & a child that is currently attending Rush Strong.Rush Strong has changed a lot over the years & not for the better. Parents are not encouraged to be a part of the child's school life. Teachers no longer care about the individual child. If you have a child with special needs you have to fight to get them the help they need & even then often times they still won't follow through the IEP plan The staff clearly discriminates between parents who are more well off than parents who are of a lower income bracket. Security is lacking. Communication especially in the afternoon is poor-they've misplaced students in the afternoon rush. I'm almost sure my child will be repeating the grade it's in because despite failing grades & repeated notes to the school nothing was done until the school year was nearly over. I am unhappy with Rush Strong School & the experience we've had with it.

Posted May 16, 2011
I regret sending my children to this school. The bullying is way out of control. My daughters life has been threatened due to her race. None of the children that threaten her or bully her have had any disciplinary actions. Not only that but my other daughter has to repeat her grade because the teacher refused to get in contact with me in anyway even with reversal attempts of phone calls and letters from me. It took over half the school year to get incontact with this teacher and by the time testing was done it was to late to help my daughter progress to the next grade level. The staff treats ppl like their unimportant if you look like your not made of money. I would never send my children or recommend thsst any other child go there.

Posted September 11, 2008
I attended Rush Strong from kindergarten through 8th grade and enjoyed every minute of it. The teachers are caring, the students accepting, and the community supportive. Everyone knows everyone at a K-8 school, especially one this small. The feeling of comradarie and inclusion is beyond compare. If you want you child to learn what it's like to be a part of something, send them here. Small schools make for more undivided attention. This school can't be beat!

Posted May 16, 2007
I was a student at Rush Strong School from Kindergarten through the 8th grade. And as of this year, I have 3 children that attend Rush Strong School. There are alot of caring teacher's who go out of their way to help these children do their very best. The teacher's at Rush Strong are very devoted to these children, and it really shows! Thank you to all the teacher's and staff at Rush Strong for your dedication to our children! The only thing I would like to see happen in the near future here is a better playground and playground equipment for the Elementary and Middle. ( There hasn't been alot of change since I was a student )

Posted August 27, 2006
I wouldn't move out of this area because I wanted my children to have loving teachers as I did. If you want a school were your kids are known by most of the faculty this is a great school, but if you want only their teachers to know them that don't happen here. The children are what Rush Strong is about. I hope all three of my children graduate from here.

Rush Strong Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2004
I would like to see better security measures in place & a better play area for the upper grades but over all I'm pleased with the school. The teachers & staff are always friendly & helpful.

Rush Strong Elementary School
3081 West Old Andrew Johnson H, Strawberry Plains, TN  37871
Last modified Rush Strong Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rush Strong Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top