Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are great. I'm especially impressed with the encore classes. I think for many schools encore is like an extra break or play time, but at Carter my child is really learning while having fun in encore. My child even asks to go to the public library now because this school has taught her to love libraries and reading.

Great teachers, great community, great administration, great encore classes. I have nothing negative to say about this school. Everyone is friendly and caring. This school and it's great staff are really helping my child reach high levels of academic success. I never cease to be amazed at how terrific this school is when I visit. My child is truly lucky to attend.

My student is in 1st grade. Her two teachers have been great. The principal knows everyone by name. The new building is amazing. Everyone on staff seems to care about the students and the learning environment. My student scores above grade level and is still pushed to learn by the staff.

I am disappointed.. adults in parking lot yelling about painting a line an inch off and in the office they act like its just a Job and they seem in a bad mood. Not a good atmosphere.

This is a great community school, rated high academically and full of good, caring teachers.

My daughter is finishing her Kindergarten year at Carter. I have been very impressed with the school, staff and principal. Mrs. Thompson knows every child. She is in the hallway greeting them when they arrive, and she helps with Car Riders every afternoon. The teachers all seem to work together to make the best of the old building. The classrooms are small and the class sizes are large. 22 kindergartners in a class is too many!! Despite these difficulties, my child thrived thanks to her teacher, the teaching assistants, and all of the volunteers. I would recommend Carter Elementary to anyone who wants a good education for his/her child!!

Last modified Carter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.