Strawberry Plains, TN

Posted November 24, 2014
My student is in 1st grade. Her two teachers have been great. The principal knows everyone by name. The new building is amazing. Everyone on staff seems to care about the students and the learning environment. My student scores above grade level and is still pushed to learn by the staff.

Carter Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2014
I am disappointed.. adults in parking lot yelling about painting a line an inch off and in the office they act like its just a Job and they seem in a bad mood. Not a good atmosphere.

Carter Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
This is a great community school, rated high academically and full of good, caring teachers.

Posted May 17, 2009
My daughter is finishing her Kindergarten year at Carter. I have been very impressed with the school, staff and principal. Mrs. Thompson knows every child. She is in the hallway greeting them when they arrive, and she helps with Car Riders every afternoon. The teachers all seem to work together to make the best of the old building. The classrooms are small and the class sizes are large. 22 kindergartners in a class is too many!! Despite these difficulties, my child thrived thanks to her teacher, the teaching assistants, and all of the volunteers. I would recommend Carter Elementary to anyone who wants a good education for his/her child!!

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted March 15, 2005
As a parent of 3 kids right now that go to Carter Elementary, I am very pleased with the teachers and other staff that will go out of their way to help you with a problem or your child...Everyone is so freindly and cheerful which I think plays a big roll on the start of a childs day to begin school with..If you have a problem or concern with something the teachers and principal are right there and take care of it. I have seen alot of teachers that are still there when I went there and of course that was years ago, I wouldnt recommend any other school to no one. I would like to make a suggestion though they do need a bigger newer school really bad...In August 05 my youngest one will start as well and I hope they all stay at Carter and have as much fun.

Carter Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2005

Posted February 17, 2005
My daughter is in fifth grade at Carter Elementary. She is transferred there from another county. I attended Carter myself and will do whatever I can to keep my children there. I think Carter has a higher quality of education that my daughter would receive at her zoned school. I think Ms. Thompson is an excellent principal who takes the time to get to know the children and spends alot of her time with them. She also encourages them by holding award ceremonies each grading period to acknowledge their accomplishments and achievements, building their self-confidence will make them better students.

Carter Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2004

Posted July 27, 2004
My child is a student at Carter, she is going into 3rd grade.She has made so much progress and now is a honer student.I myself as a child also attended Carter and this is the school that I want my children to always attend.

Carter Elementary School
9304 College La, Strawberry Plains, TN  37871
Last modified Carter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top