Strawberry Plains, TN

Carter High School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
They students are so friendly, and the environment is great. The authority is strong and catches the problems quickly.

Posted July 17, 2011
I work a lot with Knox Co Schools and Carter is one of the greatest. My child goes there and loves it. From Ms Hickman on down they are great.

Posted May 31, 2010
I am a community member with a long history in community music. With regard to the reviews which touch on music programs, I have to point out that competitions do NOT provide a measure of a music program. The measures of a truly great program are 1) how much the activities encourage and foster lifelong musical interest, knowledge and community contributions; 2) how much music activities contribute to character and community values rather than bleeding a community of its talent and finances; and 3) how well the music programs support and enhance academic and athletic programs. When people read the words posted here, ask yourself - was it truly someone in the community that wrote this? Or is it someone hoping to elevate outside unaccountable interests? Nothing helps kids more than solid, consistent character.

Carter High School

Posted October 03, 2009
It's a great school, teachers, kids, office personal

Carter High School 2

Posted October 12, 2008
Carter High has the most competent and caring teachers you can find. There just aren't many advanced classes. Also, arts are an issue. You can't have a winning band with 2 directors and 200 kids. Knox Co. should give more support. If they did, Carter High would be a shining star for Knox County!

Carter High School 2

Posted July 14, 2007
My second child is now attending Carter High School. Challenging academic courses are limited although the teachers are caring. The much-hyped band is a disappointment. We attend band events. While fun to watch, they haven't won a competition in the 4 years we've been here. Expensive trips to places like Walt Disney World promise round-the-clock fundraising - which stresses students' famililes. Chronically short on necessities and poor staff skills yeild hours of hair pulling frustration. Of the 150 or so students fewer than 10% even try for district competitions. If you want caring, compassionate teachers who can excite your student about learning this is the place - unless your child wants a serious career as a music teacher or musician. In which case, you need to look elsewhere.

Posted October 21, 2006
My daughter is a freshman at Carter and I am very pleased with the enthusiasm and professionalism that the teachers and Mrs. Hickman have shown. The Band program is awesome, we have had a wonderful time going to the football games and competitions to watch them perform. The band's booster club is a very hard working bunch of people, and keep a severely under funded program, one of the best, if not the best around going! I feel very fortunate to be able to send my child to CHS.

Posted September 28, 2006
Carter High School is a great school. I must say I was shocked about one of the parents reviews because i should know how the school is, I attend. Yes we've had fights yes we've had racial arguments but they've been handled since then. Cater isn't all about sports or smarts is about helping students with what they need help with putting them first. That why I like it.

Carter High School 3

Posted December 07, 2005
I attended Carter a few years ago. Overall the school was ok. It was not the best experience but I maintained. It helps dramatically when you are involved in the school. One thing that I am able to say is Carter offers many and varioius different organizations and clubs for children dto get involved in. It is just up to the child of their involvment level. I had a few bad experiences and a few good ones. I can say theat the good outwieighed the bad. We had about 3 different assistant princiopal changes which did not settle with students very well.

Posted August 22, 2005
i am a carter high school grad and i would like to say that the academic programs are great for th students . The music and art and sports is a great way for students to express their there fills for school .The leavel of parent involement lets the parents know whats going on at Carter High School i would highly recommend that students who go to carter high school let there parents come and see what they are doing and how they are doing in school . I went to carter high and i done really good with the teachers . The teachers are there for the students that need help in a subject . If a student need help with something the teachers are there to help the student with what they need help with the most . I hope some students fine carter fun like i did.

Carter High School
210 North Carter School Road, Strawberry Plains, TN  37871
Last modified Carter High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top