Strawberry Plains, TN

Posted April 19, 2013
Carter Middle has some of the rudest teaching staff I have ever encountered! The principals are even worst. They act like their only goal is to get through the day and go home. The students mean nothing to them. The only caring people are the office staff! Admin. is never 'in' so problems never get solved! Will move if necc. just to get away from Carter!

Posted April 01, 2013
I want to know where all the wonderful teachers have gone at Carter Middle School. Why are they all leaving? My daughter is a 7th grader there and has always been an honor student. She says the school environment is not good. She says the teachers are always sad and stressed and they don't seem to care for the administrators. I have always believed that attitudes reflect leadership. I just want to know what has happened to all of the great teachers that have been there. Only one or two could have retired. Those teachers have made Carter a great school in the past. We need them to come back

Posted May 25, 2009
CMS has lots to offer. The person who wrote the band is the only bright spot has obviously not checked into all of the extra clubs offered. Scholars Bowl, Drama, Writers Club, Beta Club, etc. Many of these clubs are not during school and the teachers do not get extra pay for their time. Take the time to really check into what goes on at CMS. You will be enlighted!

Posted May 15, 2009
CMS is a great school to send your children to. This school helps students as a single person, and has amazing teachers and staff......if I was still a kid I would go there everyday

Posted April 06, 2009
I have a 6th grader at CMS. This is my 2nd child to attend. I have been very pleased with the communication and the teaching at the school. I got involved and stay involved in my childrens education. When I have had concerns they were addressed quickly and to my satisfaction. I love CMS and the staff.

Posted March 01, 2009
If parent involvement is low at CMS, blame the parents, not the school. CMS does an outstanding job communicating and encouraging parents and the community to be involved - phone calls, conferences, e-mails, parent portal, newsletters, open house, book fairs, ballgames, PTO, fundraisers and concerts - oh and they also have to teach these children as well. If the students' test scores are poor, teachers are blamed, not the students. If a child can't/won't learn - it's the teacher's fault, right? Parents must start taking more responsibility for their children & care enough about them to get involved in their school. Parents need to help make their child a responsible learner. Whoever posted the comment about the lack of leadership and quality of education @ CMS, I welcome you to come do our job for 1 day. It would be an eye opening experience!!! How much are YOU involved at CMS?

Posted January 14, 2009
The quality of education at Carter Middle is very low. Too many field trips, lack of communication with parents, lack of leardership are just three of the many problems observed by this parent.

Posted November 12, 2008

Posted May 05, 2008

Posted May 05, 2008

Carter Middle School
204 North Carter School Rd, Strawberry Plains, TN  37871
Last modified Carter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top