Bad
Good

This school is amazing!! The staff, kids, academics, athletics, clubs. I could go on and on. I've walked through the halls with my child and had kids say "Good Morning Ma'am." Great group of kids and wonderful educational environment!

Our neighbor's child had a bad experience at Indy, so we were concerned when our daughter was about to start there. However, after four years there, I can tell you confidently that this was a great school for her. She found e/c groups to belong to , which is absolutely key when attending a big school (1,500 kids). She needed challenging classes to prepare her for college, and she had that (6 AP classes over four years, plus several honors classes). For a college bound kid, this is a great school. My son chose not to attend Indy, simply because he does not work well in large numbers of people. Thankfully, we found a great school for him, too.

Yesterday, our family just celebrated our third son to graduate from IHS, with one more to go in '18. Independence High has provided our children with a nurturing and encouraging environment to grow academically, socially, intellectually, physically, spiritually, & mentally. We are so grateful for the administrators and faculty who invested & challenged them to mature as students, prepped for university success!

My daughter loves this school, our experience here has been exemplary. We would recommend this school to anyone moving in to the area.

If you like little academic challenge, racist, sexist class mates, and administration that doesn't care, then this is the place for you. Along with the kill lists and bomb threats, there are many problems with this school. First off over 50% of the school goes to Thompson station church. If you don't go to the church then you are a minority. If you're looking for drugs this is the place. Vapes are the craze right now and I cannot begin to describe how many vapes I have personally seen. There are many agricultural kids that run around screaming in between classes. The number of self harming drug addicts is alarming. There Is much profanity. The staff and administration don't help anyone and resort to yelling if they don't like something. Many females dress very provocatively. The choices in classes are very limited and very few ap classes are available for freshman and sophomores. There are swastikas and other phrases carved on the desks. If you are over 6ft. Tall or over 250 pounds you will have a very hard time getting in and out of desks. Some kids have to sit in the back without a desk because they do not fit. Don't let the fact that this is a Williamson county school fool you.

My granddaughter moved here from out of state this school year. She seems to be happy with most of her teachers. She is involved in sports and I pray she will grow , make new friends and love her new school.

Independence High School is amazing. I'm currently a "honors student", and take mostly "AP" classes. The teachers are instructive and challenging. The students made me feel at home, and the teachers made my journey, through high-School, even better. The extra classes are,and always be , amazing! They challenge me, but at the same time help me learn new things. I have no problem saying that this school is "AMAZING." The administration are awesome, and always help me with problems. I have never seen any physical attack, nor any bullying. This is the school for you.

Every time I try to write a bad review of this school, it gets pulled. The school is average at best. Problems are hidden and you cannot get an honest answer from administration. It is a poorly run school and it has been going downhill ever since the current principal arrived.

We love Independence. No school is perfect. I would rather fault on the side of being too churchy.

great school. lots to do and everyone goes to the sporting events, especially football games. the education is very good here and the teachers are great.... INDY NATION

Last modified Independence High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.