Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 13, 2016
Our neighbor's child had a bad experience at Indy, so we were concerned when our daughter was about to start there. However, after four years there, I can tell you confidently that this was a great school for her. She found e/c groups to belong to , which is absolutely key when attending a big school (1,500 kids). She needed challenging classes to prepare her for college, and she had that (6 AP classes over four years, plus several honors classes). For a college bound kid, this is a great school. My son chose not to attend Indy, simply because he does not work well in large numbers of people. Thankfully, we found a great school for him, too.

Posted May 22, 2016
Yesterday, our family just celebrated our third son to graduate from IHS, with one more to go in '18. Independence High has provided our children with a nurturing and encouraging environment to grow academically, socially, intellectually, physically, spiritually, & mentally. We are so grateful for the administrators and faculty who invested & challenged them to mature as students, prepped for university success!

Posted December 26, 2015
My daughter loves this school, our experience here has been exemplary. We would recommend this school to anyone moving in to the area.

Independence High School 1

Posted July 27, 2015
If you like little academic challenge, racist, sexist class mates, and administration that doesn't care, then this is the place for you. Along with the kill lists and bomb threats, there are many problems with this school. First off over 50% of the school goes to Thompson station church. If you don't go to the church then you are a minority. If you're looking for drugs this is the place. Vapes are the craze right now and I cannot begin to describe how many vapes I have personally seen. There are many agricultural kids that run around screaming in between classes. The number of self harming drug addicts is alarming. There Is much profanity. The staff and administration don't help anyone and resort to yelling if they don't like something. Many females dress very provocatively. The choices in classes are very limited and very few ap classes are available for freshman and sophomores. There are swastikas and other phrases carved on the desks. If you are over 6ft. Tall or over 250 pounds you will have a very hard time getting in and out of desks. Some kids have to sit in the back without a desk because they do not fit. Don't let the fact that this is a Williamson county school fool you.

Independence High School 3

Posted September 28, 2014
My granddaughter moved here from out of state this school year. She seems to be happy with most of her teachers. She is involved in sports and I pray she will grow , make new friends and love her new school.

Posted June 06, 2014
Independence High School is amazing. I'm currently a "honors student", and take mostly "AP" classes. The teachers are instructive and challenging. The students made me feel at home, and the teachers made my journey, through high-School, even better. The extra classes are,and always be , amazing! They challenge me, but at the same time help me learn new things. I have no problem saying that this school is "AMAZING." The administration are awesome, and always help me with problems. I have never seen any physical attack, nor any bullying. This is the school for you.

Independence High School 2

Posted April 26, 2012
Every time I try to write a bad review of this school, it gets pulled. The school is average at best. Problems are hidden and you cannot get an honest answer from administration. It is a poorly run school and it has been going downhill ever since the current principal arrived.

Independence High School 4

Posted March 27, 2012
We love Independence. No school is perfect. I would rather fault on the side of being too churchy.

Posted June 30, 2011
great school. lots to do and everyone goes to the sporting events, especially football games. the education is very good here and the teachers are great.... INDY NATION

Independence High School 3

Posted June 02, 2011
As a student of four years, I agree with some of the other people who've posted that a lot of favoritism is shown towards the churchy kids, and I'm not afraid to name names. The members of Thompson Station Church (it's Baptist no matter what the try to tell you) has a massive hold over both this school and the community in general. The students that go to the church are very cliquish and rude and they usually all vote for each other for class offices. Out of all the student speakers at our 2011 graduation, all of them attend TSC to my knowledge, except one. Thankfully, our valedictorian was not part of the club and kept her speech free of religion. I'm a Christian myself, but I don't appreciate having another church forced down my throat and I disagree with subjecting non-Christian students to it at school. Guidance is slow and the administration sucks. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time at Independence. The standard classes are a joke, but AP classes are great and honors classes usually are, too. There's a lot of extra-curriculars to get involved in and if a student puts in the work, they can be massively successful here no matter how they feel about their teachers and fellow students.

Independence High School
1776 Declaration Way, Thompson's Station, TN  37179
Last modified Independence High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.