Thompson Station, TN

Posted August 11, 2014
I think that this is a great school. It has an astounding performing arts program, which includes things such as: a yearly play and musical, a talent show, a dance team, a majorettes team, and a great choir teacher, Mrs.Benton. There are also many related arts including STEM, theatre, general music, digital music, piano, guitar, gym, art, spanish, French, German(eighth grade only), and creative communications. Other opportunities include battle of the books, algebra 1 and geometry, honors spanish and French, sports teams and many other clubs. As a student, I have only had one bad teacher and I really enjoy the school.

Posted March 31, 2014
This school is an absolute joke. The new admiration is one of the worst I've seen in a public school system. The Principal loves the kids, but I honestly think she doesn't do the best job managing the school. The two assistant principals are all a joke. They sent my child to Juvenile Court because he missed 2 days of an after school remediation program. 8th grade has a horrible math teacher. ( I won't name names.) HMS has one of the nicest cafe staff. The lunch ladies are all jewels. Overall, since the new principal rolled in a 2 years ago, this school has gone down the drain. I would consider different schools if you had the choice.

Posted March 17, 2010
I have been very impressed with this school. My daughter has grown and advanced and the teachers have been very intuitive and enjoy makingl earning fun. I'm glad she is there! Keep up the good work! I hope Spring Station Middle is just as great!

Heritage Middle School 2

Posted March 16, 2010
As a parent if you have options I would look into other schools. The faculity does not have control of the student body and the students know it. If you can find another school.

Posted May 27, 2009
i graduated this year from HMS and8th grade year was the best teachers let u slide more and we went on awesome feild trips. the teachers really got u ready for 9th grade we got registered and we even had people from the high school come and answer all of our questions.

Posted May 26, 2009
I graduated in 2006 and it went through a lot of changes, dress codes, vandelism, and PDA. The most you could touch another student was a hand shake. And i think in the last year, we had some rediculous three second hug rule or something. Some teachers cared and some did not. This school could a little bit better of preparing 8th graders for high school, actually i do not remember of Heritage telling us at all about Independence High School (feeder school for HMS). Do not know how it has changed sense i graduated but compared to everyother most middle schools in Tennessee it is average. Average teachers, average sports/coaches, average administrators and average everything.

Posted May 12, 2008
Heritage Middle School is a great place. While our administrators are average we ha great teacher and up dated textbooks. Every classs is equipped with three to four computer stations, one projector, a TV/and or LPD projector. One class in our school is being tested with a Smart board as well. If this test succeds all of our classes coud be given smart boards whichwould replace all other electronic projectors. Over the course of the next several years certain highschools will be given laptops for every Pupil. These laptops will act as agenda, textbook, organisational folder, and work station. Eventually these computers will be moved down to the middle school level. At heritage seurity is also a priority. The school is surounded by an exterior radius of cameras both inside and out. These security surveillence cameras canbe used to locate bullies, prevent theivery and to prevent vandalisation.

Posted August 30, 2007

Posted August 04, 2007
Student- our principle could literally care less about sports. It's a pretty good school, and there are some really good teachers ,but there are some that just make me want to transfer. And the poor teachers giving the rating a 4/5.

Posted July 09, 2007
Hi, I was a student at Heritage Middle from 6-8th grade. 2006-2007 was my last year there. It is not an excellent school. Most of the teachers dont seem to care at all about the students. They give us busy work alot. I know that we are a wealthy school but that doesnt make it good. Its average.

Heritage Middle School
4803 Columbia Pk, Thompson Station, TN  37179
Last modified Heritage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top