Bad
Good

Farrar is a wonderful school with very caring teachers and staff. My daughter has attended this school since she was in Kindergarten. I can't say enough about the excellent education and the great opportunities that have been provided for her. She loves this school and her teachers. As a parent I have always felt comfortable and welcome in the school.

My name is Angela Wilson and my son is Jacob. We transferred into Jack T. Farrar during this past school year 2010-2011. Jacob has autism and this school has gone above and beyond to make sure he had the proper services, so that he could excel and be on grade level. I His teacher is Barbara Smith 1st grade , she is filled with kindness, love and cares for her students. In my opinion she should be teacher of the year every year. The principle is Dr. Mickey Shuran. He has an open door policy and is always more than willing to sit down and talk with parents. He greets the kids most mornings and the kids run to hug him with open arms. It is now almost the end of our school year and I wanted to leave my name and number in case anyone has a question. 423-381-9245 I would also like to thank Mrs. Wendy his speech teacher and Cathy Danielson Head of the Special Ed Dept.. He also has a special lady named Beverly as an aide, she is a very wonderful person and understands "our" kids on a great level. My son has a great sense of pride being a Farrar Frog, he loves his school as do I. My son is a better child, student, son and person because of this school. I applaud everyone who works there!

I wanted to add a few things about my experience at Farrar. If I could stay at this school I would without a second thought!!! I love every member of the staff and feel welcome every time I walk through the door. They know you by name and your child comes homes every day with something good to say about school. I feel blessed to have been treated with kindness and respect knowing that it is genuine. My son has been in the best possible place for his 1st grade year. He is on grade level and it is because of this caring school. Feel free to call me and I will answer any questions you have, if I can't answer them I will find someone who will. Much respect and Love to Jack T. Farrar Elementary, you will forever be in our heart!!!! Angela Wilson 423-381-9245

Farrar is a great school. The administrators are great. Mr Shuran is an excellent principal and very involved in the lives of the students.

Last modified Jack T Farrar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.