Bad
Good

Both my children graduated from Community High School. They earned great scholarships to a major university where they both maintain high GPAs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and administrators are fine role models. Many are leaders in their local churches.

I am an alumni of Community High School. Here is my review: Pros: Caring Teachers - Almost all of the teachers that I had while attending Community cared about their students immensely. They truly take initiative to make a connection with the student, and they strive to help any students who aren't grasping the material. Extracurricular Activities - Community has a club for anybody. There are many leadership and community service clubs, as well as sports and the band. Many of the sports place very well in their divisions, and the band is one of the best in Tennessee. Cons: Academics: In most of the classes, the subject material is taught in very non-innovative ways. Usually, classes are not very interactive. Usually, the teacher lectures the class from an overhead projector, and then passes out worksheets. This does not aid in the learning of students. Even worse, compared to other schools, Community does not cover nearly as much material. This makes the transition to college very difficult. The test scores show that this is a below-average school academically. There are many teachers at this school that need to be evaluated more intensely.

I have 2 children currently attending CHS. I truely believe it is not only the schools responsibility, but also the parent's to encourage and support our students. My children have received personal care and attention in every aspect of their education at CHS. I have one child that is an athlete and one child that isn't. Not only do I feel they are both scholasticly treated equally and challenged to rise to a higher level, but I also feel they are treated equally on all levels. When they depart CHS I feel they will have received the best possible education they could have received and I will thank the administration and faculty for that.

I attend Community High School and for those who say its all about the athletics I would like for you to know that I am an athlete and my grades are above average. Many of my friends are also athletes and are also above average grade wise. We abide by all TSSAA rules and our principal sets even higher standards for us as athletes; not only with our grades but also our leadership. I'm very offended that anyone would think negative against CHS!

CHS is a poorly run institution with regard to academics. Primary emphasis at this school seems to be on the athletic deptartment(s) and sports programs. I personally had three children attend this school, and each one was literally 'dumbed-down' by the educational standards at CHS, and by the ignorance conveyed by many of the faculty members. It is a sad thing when the students are brighter/smarter than their teachers. As referenced by another reviewer 'the [test] scores don't lie.' It have a gradute level degree, and it is my educated opinion that the state of Tennessee needs to review this school's teaching methods and needs to administer 'appropriate' proficiency testing to the teachers themselves...perhaps even observe the teachers. I wish all the students at CHS the best of luck...you're going to need it.

Community High School is a very well 'oiled' school! They have intellengent teachers that guide you down the right path! The principal and assistant principal are always their to greet you. I walk down the halls of Community daily! You can see all the wonderful people that walk down the hall too!

Last modified Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.