Posted September 16, 2011
I graduated from WHS in 2010, I loved my high school experience. The principals were amazing, and all of the teachers were so dedicated to their job. Teachers there were also really involved with students, they care(d), they were also VERY passionate about the club/sports/groups they were in charge of.. I've heard stories about other schools and their discipline problems..Westmoreland had none of that. I know that the principals have changed since I graduated, but the teachers are still generally the same. At WHS, it's not just a school...it's more like a family.

Posted April 21, 2010

Westmoreland High School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I am a former student as well as a parent of a student now. Upon graduating from WHS, I was very well prepared for college. It is the best kept secret in sumner county. The teacher to student ratios are low. The administration provides a safe and strict but loving learning environment. This school does not have the disciplinary problems that most schools do today. If you are looking for a great public school to send your child or children to, this is the one.

Posted December 11, 2007
I am an alumni of Westmoreland High School. Growing up as a student in a rural area I was unsure of what educational resources I was offered at a small school. However, as I am working on my masters degree, I appreciate the experiences I have gained there. While not a private school, WHS carries on a tradition of welcomed parental involvement, highly qualified teachers, and outstanding students. I have very much appreciated my time spent there and recommend it to those that are prepared to learn!

Posted November 18, 2005
I am a current student of Westmoreland High School. Of the many schools I have attended not only in Tennessee, but also Kentucky and Virginia W.H.S is the best academically. Socially the school is perfect. Everyone knows everyone and their family. There are very few 'cliques'. Sports and extracrricular activites play an important role in many of the students' lifes too. There's hardly one student NOT on a sports team or in a club of some type. Overall Westmoreland is a well rounded school. I would be proud to send my future childeren to Westmoreland. The staff is wonderful and not afraid to form friendships with the students as well as helping them through the journey of life. Many of the staff members have been there for a few generations and as I have stated I would be proud for them to teach one of my own. ~shiloh dillard '08

Posted April 24, 2005
'I am currently a student at WHS, personally I love this school....I have also attended Portland and I would choose this school over anywhere....I love this school and the teachers. Mr.Oldham is this best pricipal I have had growing up....He isn't afraid to be the students friends and an authority figure. Mr. Fergson is also a great pricipal and friend. WHS is made of spirit, pride, and respect for our town. I love WHS and if I get the chance plan on sending my kids there some day! Amanda Gregory

Posted February 21, 2005
- a former student

Posted October 20, 2004
- a former student
I, Amber Alexander, am a former student of Westmoreland High school (W.H.S.). I highly recommend W.H.S. for any student. It has the best school atmosphere I've ever seen, Great student-teacher relationships, and Safest school enviroment in Tennessee (my own personal opinion). Amber Alexander

Posted October 06, 2004
I am a current student at WHS and I believe that this school is ultimately,the best around. Westmoreland,has a strong,respectable teaching staff and wonderful faculty. I have been to other schools around and this particular school has a special place in my heart. I would like this oppportunity to recommend Westmoreland High School to everyone! Erica Woodham

Posted September 17, 2003
I am actually a past student who graduated in the class of 2001. I just want to say that WHS is one of the greatest schools in Tennessee academically, athletically, and socially. I have learned many lifelong lessons from WHS. If there is any way possible, my future children will attend WHS. Mr.Oldham stands strong on his Christian beliefs and he wasn't ever too busy to ask you how your day has gone. WHS has a very special place in my heart.

Westmoreland High School
4300 Hawkins Dr, Westmoreland, TN  37186
Last modified Westmoreland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmoreland High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.