Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

One general set of values which clash with the real world. LGBT students would be wise to tread lightly at this school.

Really this is just your average Podunk high school with ultraconservative values. Think and act straight and conservative and you'll be just fine. Targeting by many staff and officials of the high school based on socioeconomic status. Very afraid of the unknown or peculiar. Offered a fraction of the resources of other high schools.

I graduated from WHS in 2010, I loved my high school experience. The principals were amazing, and all of the teachers were so dedicated to their job. Teachers there were also really involved with students, they care(d), they were also VERY passionate about the club/sports/groups they were in charge of.. I've heard stories about other schools and their discipline problems..Westmoreland had none of that. I know that the principals have changed since I graduated, but the teachers are still generally the same. At WHS, it's not just a school...it's more like a family.

I am a former student as well as a parent of a student now. Upon graduating from WHS, I was very well prepared for college. It is the best kept secret in sumner county. The teacher to student ratios are low. The administration provides a safe and strict but loving learning environment. This school does not have the disciplinary problems that most schools do today. If you are looking for a great public school to send your child or children to, this is the one.

I am an alumni of Westmoreland High School. Growing up as a student in a rural area I was unsure of what educational resources I was offered at a small school. However, as I am working on my masters degree, I appreciate the experiences I have gained there. While not a private school, WHS carries on a tradition of welcomed parental involvement, highly qualified teachers, and outstanding students. I have very much appreciated my time spent there and recommend it to those that are prepared to learn!

Last modified Westmoreland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.