White House Middle School

Public | 5-8

Posted December 6, 2010

This is my fourteenth year to be associated with WHMS and I have loved every minute of it. All three of my children attended here and excelled. I know that they have and have had excellent teachers who love their jobs. The administration is the best. The principal goes above and beyond to make the school what it is today. A wonderful place for children to come and learn!

Posted March 11, 2010

Seems to have gone downhill this year, disciplinary actions inappropriate, serving undercooked or cold food in cafeteria, school not even open on time on a couple of occasions. Will be reporting to district Super.

Posted December 3, 2009

Hi, im a student here a white house middle school, and i love it. Im in eighth grade, i've been here since sixth grade, i've improved academically. This is an amazing school, we have so much fun learning and our extra curricular is full attendance. I'll admit it a very clic-ish kinda a school, but no ones snobby or a brat to one another. Everyone gets along pretty well, even though there is some drama, i would know im a student here. But what school doesn't,? Haha. Anyways, its a great school and i would recommend for everyone to give it a shot in this area. (: Hey, go devilsssssss! (:

Posted October 22, 2008

whmsis a wonderful school!its kinda cliquey but once you find the right clique youll fit right in also the cliques are all very tight but always willing to add a new person youll make great friends right away! our school also has alot of school spirit some girls have blue and white fake nails!! n e way the administration is fantastic and the teachers actually teach you stuff and you learn but they make learning fun! whms is a fantastic choice of school!!!

Posted October 3, 2008

I love this school! I am a parent of a student and am very impressed with the staff and especially the principal. He is great with both the students and the parents - difficult to find around here. I feel that my daughter is receiving a great education!

Posted September 30, 2008

I am a teacher at this school, but I am also the parent of 2 daughters that attend(ed) here. There is not a better group of teachers and administrators anywhere, hands down. I have talked to so many parents that have moved here from other communities, and they all are highly complimentary of WHMS. Our TCAP scores are some of the highest in the county, if not the state, but the best thing about our school is that our teachers TEACH. We strive for excellence here. I am a White House alumni, and I have seen many changes in White House. The WH school system continues to change for the better.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 3, 2008

We moved here right after school began which I thought would be a nightmare, but it wasn't...The kids were very accepting. My daughter is not the popular type, but these kids welcomed her and made her feel at ease. The Principal and staff are very helpful and they teach these kids most of all to respect each other and you can tell! Both my kids love it here, it's been an awesome experience, and neither of them are in sports! I do wich they got more into arts and sciences for after school activities, but most of the schools just aren't there yet.

Posted November 10, 2007

I moved here from Birmingham, AL and now I notice the teachers are so much nicer! Everyone is nicer! I love it here! i would of moved here years ago if we could of! Then I wouldn't be in such of a friend mee. I agree, it is clicky, but I would never give it up!

Posted March 9, 2007

My family and I are what you would call 'transplants' and it has been very difficult for my daughter to fit in here. The school is extremely cliquish and outsiders seem to take 'heat' for a lot of internal things that go on. Disciplinary action is not the same for all. Communication between teachers and parents is also an issue. I requested to speak with all of my daughter's teachers to see how she was doing behaviorally and only heard from one. Maybe it's because of the low academic parental involvement at this school. They seem to care more about sports here than anything. This was clearly evident when I attended a school meeting for the 'Smart board' technology that our students and teachers could benefit from. Only 6 parents attended. This was sad to say the least. If your looking to move here, think again. I'm out of here!

Posted November 20, 2006

White House Middle has met my expectations as a mother and I know my son is very happy too! We moved to White House from Nashville and the education here has been top notch compared to the school he attended in Nashville. I will say the staff and the principal at this school deserve many accolades. The kids in this district are very close and I will make sure my child finishes his education in White House.

Posted August 2, 2005

I love this school district, it is the reason we moved to White House. I think that the academic program is very good, and this includes the gifted program. I do think that the arts need more attention. I think anyone would be impressed with the levels of parent involvement. White House is such a nice small town. It is a really great place to raise your children and send them to school. We find the quality of our public school to be equal or better that the quality found in many private schools.

Posted June 17, 2005

Our school is awesome! The acedemics are incerdible and every teacher tries their hardest to help each individual student with whatever they need. The extracirricular activities are amazing, all the sports teams are very good and the band and chorus are very wonderful. The level of parental involvment is amazing. Take this from a student, White House is an awesome school!

Posted February 11, 2005

I am very happy with our school! I am a White House grad myself, and things have only gotten better. Our academics are very strong,as well as our extra-curricular programs. Our principal and support staff are the best!

Posted November 8, 2004

I have been utterly thrilled with White House Middle. The staff is fabulous and the principal is first rate! My son is doing wonderfully and is developing into a wonderful well-rounded young man.

Posted March 21, 2004

this is one of the best schools that I have been to in my life! I like all of my teachers,staff,amd people.

Math

The state average for Math was 57% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 55% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

Writing

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Tennessee used the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP) Achievement Test to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading/language arts, math, science and social studies. The TCAP is a standards-based test that measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Tennessee. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 62% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 87% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2013.

236 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 47% in 2013.

236 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

235 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 41% in 2013.

184 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading/Language Arts

The state average for Reading/Language Arts was 47% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 82% in 2013.

Writing

White93%
Economically disadvantaged93%
Students with disabilities80%

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

Algebra I

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 34%N/A55%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2020 Hwy 31 West