Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Parents are never informed of anything on any level. Besides a county mass call to all numbers in the system letting you know we are out due to inclement weather, you are on your own. In their defense, they would come back with "We update our programs, future events, etc. online when we can..."; however, I wish that were a true statement considering most of the time, parent portal is only updated the day before report cards come out. Also, don't expect anything to be sent home by your child informing you of grades, spirit week, etc. You must call to find out that kind of information. Word of advice: DO NOT GO OVERBOARD WITH PURCHASING BELONGINGS THAT YOUR CHILD MAY TAKE TO SCHOOL (ie: backpacks, school supplies, clothing, etc.). As every single school across the country has them, thieves definitely tread the halls at WHMS. My husband, not knowing the significance of a certain coat, sent my child to school wearing it.......it never made its way back home., along with folders, textbooks, personal workbooks, and countless writing utensils. After the coat incident, I was fed up and had enough. After explaining what had been going on for the past few months, and I'm saying ME as a PARENT explaining to the proper staff the situation, my child was told to "keep an eye out for it...maybe it'll show up", and that was that. MY CHILD WAS SPOKEN TO BY AN AUTHORITY FIGURE FROM SCHOOL CONCERNING WHAT HAD BEEN STOLEN FROM ME WITH NO REGARD TO ME! I stood there in disbelief thinking they were pulling a prank, anticipating them to jerk that coat up out from under the desk saying "KIDDING! It's right here!". No. Basically, I was told that thieves go unpunished at WHMS and that I was just outta luck. I think they were expecting some kind of reaction on my behalf such as a thank you. Right. They, and I, were lucky, to say the least, that I bit my tongue. I can't speak for every parent, but that's been my experience as far as that goes.

This is my fourteenth year to be associated with WHMS and I have loved every minute of it. All three of my children attended here and excelled. I know that they have and have had excellent teachers who love their jobs. The administration is the best. The principal goes above and beyond to make the school what it is today. A wonderful place for children to come and learn!

Seems to have gone downhill this year, disciplinary actions inappropriate, serving undercooked or cold food in cafeteria, school not even open on time on a couple of occasions. Will be reporting to district Super.

Hi, im a student here a white house middle school, and i love it. Im in eighth grade, i've been here since sixth grade, i've improved academically. This is an amazing school, we have so much fun learning and our extra curricular is full attendance. I'll admit it a very clic-ish kinda a school, but no ones snobby or a brat to one another. Everyone gets along pretty well, even though there is some drama, i would know im a student here. But what school doesn't,? Haha. Anyways, its a great school and i would recommend for everyone to give it a shot in this area. (: Hey, go devilsssssss! (:

whmsis a wonderful school!its kinda cliquey but once you find the right clique youll fit right in also the cliques are all very tight but always willing to add a new person youll make great friends right away! our school also has alot of school spirit some girls have blue and white fake nails!! n e way the administration is fantastic and the teachers actually teach you stuff and you learn but they make learning fun! whms is a fantastic choice of school!!!

I love this school! I am a parent of a student and am very impressed with the staff and especially the principal. He is great with both the students and the parents - difficult to find around here. I feel that my daughter is receiving a great education!

I am a teacher at this school, but I am also the parent of 2 daughters that attend(ed) here. There is not a better group of teachers and administrators anywhere, hands down. I have talked to so many parents that have moved here from other communities, and they all are highly complimentary of WHMS. Our TCAP scores are some of the highest in the county, if not the state, but the best thing about our school is that our teachers TEACH. We strive for excellence here. I am a White House alumni, and I have seen many changes in White House. The WH school system continues to change for the better.

We moved here right after school began which I thought would be a nightmare, but it wasn't...The kids were very accepting. My daughter is not the popular type, but these kids welcomed her and made her feel at ease. The Principal and staff are very helpful and they teach these kids most of all to respect each other and you can tell! Both my kids love it here, it's been an awesome experience, and neither of them are in sports! I do wich they got more into arts and sciences for after school activities, but most of the schools just aren't there yet.

I moved here from Birmingham, AL and now I notice the teachers are so much nicer! Everyone is nicer! I love it here! i would of moved here years ago if we could of! Then I wouldn't be in such of a friend mee. I agree, it is clicky, but I would never give it up!

My family and I are what you would call 'transplants' and it has been very difficult for my daughter to fit in here. The school is extremely cliquish and outsiders seem to take 'heat' for a lot of internal things that go on. Disciplinary action is not the same for all. Communication between teachers and parents is also an issue. I requested to speak with all of my daughter's teachers to see how she was doing behaviorally and only heard from one. Maybe it's because of the low academic parental involvement at this school. They seem to care more about sports here than anything. This was clearly evident when I attended a school meeting for the 'Smart board' technology that our students and teachers could benefit from. Only 6 parents attended. This was sad to say the least. If your looking to move here, think again. I'm out of here!

Last modified White House Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.