Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

This is the worst educational facility in Sumner County. There is no communication between teachers and faculty and they tend to use the hazing methods on students. They don't care. They don't communicate and it would be beneficial if they cleaned house on several teachers. Thank goodness the year is almost over.

This school is made up of a dedicated and loving faculty. They truly care about the well-being of each child. They go above and beyond to ensure that each child reaches their full potential. It is truly an amazing place!

Could not be more pleased with the staff and office personnel at this exemplary school. From the principal to the custodians to the Special Education ERC and CDC teachers, this school shines above the rest. Don't let their small town feel fool you. This school cares about the children as well as their individual growth in academics. I was blessed with the opportunity to volunteer and truly see from a parent's perspective just how truly great this school is. They are very thorough on implementing Safety policies to protect the children as well. I love HBWE and would hate if I ever had to move. Their staff is the best mix of people in a school setting that I have ever seen. Love love love this school!

My daughter is in the first grade at HBWE and she started Kindergarten at four years old (Just three weeks shy of her fifth birthday). I love this school! In fact, I am doing everything in my power to keep her there and it is more expensive for me to stay in this area but the school is so wonderful, that it makes me want to keep her there. They reinforce anti-bullying, compassion for those that are disabled and understanding, and always communicated with me with no issues. You become more like family versus just another student, just another year. The new principle is great and always has a smile on his face. When my daughter started riding the bus, she missed one day and the driver was concerned about her. I have also seen a large amount of parental support, which I did not expect. We have had a wonderful experience with this school and this has been the best decision that we have ever made by moving to this area. The schools score could easily be a ten.

I have had two children in this school and will soon enroll the third. In 2010, we had a very bad encounter with the former principal (referred to in other reviews) and a teacher. So bad, in fact, that we pulled our child out mid-year. I would not have considered sending my second child had the principal in question not retired, and a new one brought in. The new principal is great -- very nice and welcoming. He stands and welcomes the kids each day as they come in. We have only had issue with the one teacher, but she is a complete nightmare and she is still teaching at HBWE. All the others have been fantastic. Concerning the fundraisers, I did find it disheartening that this year the students were pitted against each other, boys versus girls. If one gender collected more fundraiser $$, then the other gender would have to be their "slaves". My child was very concerned about having to be the "slave". I told her that she had rights and she didn't have to do that for anyone. Using the term "slave" and bringing gender into it was disappointing. However, I don't typically mind fundraisers as I realize they are needed. Facilities are great - no complaints there.

very poor communication remember the key to succes is communication,commuciation, communication .... no leadership at all.

My daughter has gone to HB Williams for four years and she has excelled academically thanks to the talented and caring teachers. I see a lot of complaints about the fundraisers, but public schools are so underfunded that these are necessary if the school is to provide quality education. Parents are only asked to contribute what they can or at least give their time to go out and find others who will contribute. Is this really too much to ask when the education of your child is at stake? If parents are not willing to be actively involved in helping the school provide a superior education to their children, then H.B. Williams might not be for them.

ya'll don't have a clue! There can only be 4 fundraisers per school year. Like the other person said, every school in sumner county have many fundraisers. How do you think every 2nd-4th grade class has a smart board? They cost thousands of $$ for just one. Fundraisers are needed to buy many educational items that are not provided from the county. If you dont want to sell/buy anything than don't!! As for as a teacher being absent alot, do you think there could have been a family illness? My daughter has been at HB for 4 yrs. & my son now for 2 yrs. and have only great wonderful things to say about the teachers. They put in so many extra hrs. and money of their own to make sure that OUR kids have the best education.

I am a parent of a first grader and wanted to commend the first grade teachers on what an awesome job they did on the last day of school with the first grade Luau! I was so impressed with how all of the teachers in the grade level teamed up together to provide so many fun activities that day versus just one classroom party. The children had such a fun day and it was such a great and memorable way to end such a great year. Way to go first grade!

Our child has attended HB Williams for five years and is now moving on to middle school. It is with a heavy heart that 'we' leave HB Williams, but we realize our children grow and move on. I cannot say enough good things about the teaching staff and the leadership at the school. After reading some of the reviews, I am puzzled by remarks made about the office staff. I have always found them polite and welcoming. I have never been made to feel unwelcome at the school. I, too, am not crazy about the fundraisers, but realize that many of the amenities at the school were realized because of fundraising. Overall our experience with HB Williams has been positive and I will greatly miss everyone I have come to know and appreciate.

Last modified Harold B. Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.