Posted March 11, 2014
My daughter is in the first grade at HBWE and she started Kindergarten at four years old (Just three weeks shy of her fifth birthday). I love this school! In fact, I am doing everything in my power to keep her there and it is more expensive for me to stay in this area but the school is so wonderful, that it makes me want to keep her there. They reinforce anti-bullying, compassion for those that are disabled and understanding, and always communicated with me with no issues. You become more like family versus just another student, just another year. The new principle is great and always has a smile on his face. When my daughter started riding the bus, she missed one day and the driver was concerned about her. I have also seen a large amount of parental support, which I did not expect. We have had a wonderful experience with this school and this has been the best decision that we have ever made by moving to this area. The schools score could easily be a ten.

Harold B. Williams Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2013
I have had two children in this school and will soon enroll the third. In 2010, we had a very bad encounter with the former principal (referred to in other reviews) and a teacher. So bad, in fact, that we pulled our child out mid-year. I would not have considered sending my second child had the principal in question not retired, and a new one brought in. The new principal is great -- very nice and welcoming. He stands and welcomes the kids each day as they come in. We have only had issue with the one teacher, but she is a complete nightmare and she is still teaching at HBWE. All the others have been fantastic. Concerning the fundraisers, I did find it disheartening that this year the students were pitted against each other, boys versus girls. If one gender collected more fundraiser $$, then the other gender would have to be their "slaves". My child was very concerned about having to be the "slave". I told her that she had rights and she didn't have to do that for anyone. Using the term "slave" and bringing gender into it was disappointing. However, I don't typically mind fundraisers as I realize they are needed. Facilities are great - no complaints there.

Harold B. Williams Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2010
very poor communication remember the key to succes is communication,commuciation, communication .... no leadership at all.

Posted April 26, 2010
My daughter has gone to HB Williams for four years and she has excelled academically thanks to the talented and caring teachers. I see a lot of complaints about the fundraisers, but public schools are so underfunded that these are necessary if the school is to provide quality education. Parents are only asked to contribute what they can or at least give their time to go out and find others who will contribute. Is this really too much to ask when the education of your child is at stake? If parents are not willing to be actively involved in helping the school provide a superior education to their children, then H.B. Williams might not be for them.

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted August 10, 2009
ya'll don't have a clue! There can only be 4 fundraisers per school year. Like the other person said, every school in sumner county have many fundraisers. How do you think every 2nd-4th grade class has a smart board? They cost thousands of $$ for just one. Fundraisers are needed to buy many educational items that are not provided from the county. If you dont want to sell/buy anything than don't!! As for as a teacher being absent alot, do you think there could have been a family illness? My daughter has been at HB for 4 yrs. & my son now for 2 yrs. and have only great wonderful things to say about the teachers. They put in so many extra hrs. and money of their own to make sure that OUR kids have the best education.

Posted May 23, 2009
I am a parent of a first grader and wanted to commend the first grade teachers on what an awesome job they did on the last day of school with the first grade Luau! I was so impressed with how all of the teachers in the grade level teamed up together to provide so many fun activities that day versus just one classroom party. The children had such a fun day and it was such a great and memorable way to end such a great year. Way to go first grade!

Posted May 20, 2009
Our child has attended HB Williams for five years and is now moving on to middle school. It is with a heavy heart that 'we' leave HB Williams, but we realize our children grow and move on. I cannot say enough good things about the teaching staff and the leadership at the school. After reading some of the reviews, I am puzzled by remarks made about the office staff. I have always found them polite and welcoming. I have never been made to feel unwelcome at the school. I, too, am not crazy about the fundraisers, but realize that many of the amenities at the school were realized because of fundraising. Overall our experience with HB Williams has been positive and I will greatly miss everyone I have come to know and appreciate.

Harold B. Williams Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2009
Our son has gone to this school for 3 years. As many of the other parents that have written on this site, we too, moved to this area because of the schools. We heard raves about the school and the principal in particular. The year our child started K the school got a new principal. We have been extremely disappointed in her. We have received the VERY strong impression that 'parents are not welcome here.' Our son has some mild special needs and we felt we needed to be able to observe him in the classroom to accurately determine what his issues were. Absolutely not. We will say that his 1st and 2cnd grade teachers have been very compassionate and communicated very well with us and really did their part. Especially Ms. Hutchison - awesome teacher!

Harold B. Williams Elementary School 0

Posted December 10, 2008
My child has been at HB Williams for 4 years. I have been very pleased with the staff and the principal there. I have seen how hard everyone has been working to help make our school even better then it already is. There are the SAME amount of fundraisers at HB as at all of the other elemenrty school in our county. There are laws and guidlines each school must follow. HB and most other schools work hard to find ways to raise money that will not upset the parents. I have had to not participate in a few fundraisers due to my family not having extra funds at that time but I wasn't upset about it. I am thankful that there were parents able to help raise money, even if I couldn't. If you have a problem with a school, then you should find ways you can help them.

Harold B. Williams Elementary School
115 South Palmer Chapel Rd, White House, TN  37188
Last modified Harold B. Williams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harold B. Williams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.