Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is doing so much better this year since he changed to southwest. I really like this school and so proud of my son. He really likes his teacher, this school is a lot better than the one he went to last year.

My kids liked this school except for the computer teacher who yells and screams at the kids. The other teachers were awesome! We love the principal, Mr.Parks. He is great with all students, staff and parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We Love the school! My children were in a private school and I moved them to this school. I felt that they were being expected to do the same, if not harder work at this school. When you walk in and the staff knows you and makes you feel welcome that is good thing! It is an older school with a lot of heart!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Southwest. Mr Parks and his staff genuinely care about these kids. He makes school so much fun. My son has had fantastic tcap and report card scores.

I love this school! My son loves this school! The teachers and staff are awesome!

Southwest has been a great source of support for my child and family. The teachers care about the students individual needs as well as the entire classes. Thanks for the great job!

My 11 year old daughter with a learning disability attends S.W. She is making great progress with staff that is interested, caring, and capable. I am very pleased with her teachers and with the Principal, Mr. Rodney Parks. They have been very approachable and willing to work with my daughter to assist her with her educational as well as social needs. I am happy to have found this school.

The school is amazing since the grade change over. The principal is one of the best!! Its nice to know that a principal cares enough to know each child's name. We miss him tremendously at Oakland.

The GreatSchools rating was before the grade changeover and redistricting of the school. My children are thriving in the school system and are rated Advanced in every catagory of the TCAP. Excellent teachers and responsive administration leads the school.

My child attends the Pre K here and he has learned so many awesome social skills. He loves going to school and the teacher is awesome!

Last modified Southwest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.