Woodlawn, TN

Posted April 24, 2014
We have been very happy with our experience at WES (K & 1st). The atmosphere is friendly and our daughter has enjoyed her learning experiences.

Posted February 04, 2013
I have been nothing but pleased with Woodlawn elementary school. My daughter attended Woodlawn for 4 years. In those 4 years any concerns I had were addressed in a timely manner. I have dealt with the principal and assistant principal on more than one occasion for both positive and negative issues and they took the time to listen to my concerns or suggestions and address them. Love Woodlawn!!!!

Posted February 04, 2013
I was in this school daily for four years and I personally saw children actively engaging with their teachers, creating a lifelong love of learning. All teachers are under an enormous strain, but this faculty puts their all into giving the students their all. The community supports this school in so many ways, and it shows. The administration is thoughtful and caring- knowing every child by name and greeting them with a smile. The AP has personally helped me deal with issues and reaches out to help families feel comfortable. She holds this school together! There is a reason this school earns such wonderful test scores- it is a great school and the people care!

Woodlawn Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2013
My child had a problem with another child in the school and the school stated that there was no problem in the classroom and dismissed everything as my child having adjustment problems. I was treated like I was just being overprotective and enabling. Despite the fact that my child was crying every day before and after school and they had to physically carry her into the building. I had to get outside people involved in order to get to the truth. I am not impressed with the A P at all. Then even after the truth that another student had hit my child came out I overheard the A P talking with a janitor about my child having adjustment issues.

Posted August 12, 2012
I love this school! Miss it terribly! We moved to "the best school district" here in Bell County, Texas (near Fort Hood) and these schools don't even compare to Woodlawn Elementary. It might have been the teacher though too. Mrs. Leto (K) is so wonderful - I think I try and compare all teachers to her - and she by far is the best.

Woodlawn Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2010
The school is all about appearance they will pass any child with no reguard to their ability. If they struggle they just send them down a grade to do that subject with a lower grade not prepairing them for the move to middle school. they train to test only providing help to children that do tcap test, not children who need help in lower grades. WHO needs a good foundation their is always tutoring in 3rd grade to help them catch up.

Woodlawn Elementary School 0

Posted January 25, 2009
This school has a big turn-over in students & teachers. It is strict and the lunchroom monitor is very tough on the kids. It's hit or miss on a good or not so good teacher. The school is good with parents volunteering.

Posted February 02, 2007
- a former student
I am currently a 7th grader and attened this school for 2 years. It was wonderful, some of my best memories come from here. The teachers were wonderful and plenty heplful. They teach us more than just reading, language, math, s.s, and science they teach us about responspiblity, friendship, and so much more! It gave me allot of oppritunities, and i will always remeber my time there. My teacher,mrs.Huenick, was only one of the absolutly fabulous staff members there.

Posted January 21, 2006
I found this site looking for the address to the school. I have loved this school since we moved my son here from Liberty. My son went to Liberty K and 1st Grade and they failed him in 1st grade because his reading was at 65%. Woodawn on the other hand has been great and my son has gotten straight A's since beginning there this year. Mrs Dunn is a great teacher and you can tell she loves te chidren. Thank You.

Posted September 28, 2005
Woodlawn has a good staff and they keep it safe and orderly. It is a great school. I have one in 5th one in 1st. The teachers keep parnets in formed. The school office does the same. I would say this is one school that cares about the children.

Woodlawn Elementary School
2250 Dover Rd, Woodlawn, TN  37191
Last modified Woodlawn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlawn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top