Posted June 02, 2014
I am 45 now and remember going to school here. We had boy scout meetings in the auditorium. ...long time ago. Lol great teachers are still on staff, as I have noticed on the reviews. Great Job Bowie! !!!!

Posted May 06, 2013
Bowie Elementary is a fantastic school! The teachers are outstanding, and the administration is very caring. We have had 2 children in this school, and we are VERY pleased with our child's education.

Posted May 06, 2013
My daughter is in Kindergarten, and Miss Smith is totally amazing! She has learned so much this year! We love Bowie!

Posted January 09, 2013
WE LOVE BOWIE. We are from Houston and have been at Bowie for 5 years now. One child is still there in 5th grade. He is in a gifted class which is revolutionary. Mrs. Jones the principal is a no nonsense lady but very fair and caring. All our teachers have been wonderful. If I had listened to the neighbors who said to another school we would have missed out on a wonderful school. By the way they have gotten exemplary honors from the state. Give it a try!

Bowie Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2012
I think this is one of the worst schools. Kids are not allowed to interect with each other teachers dictate their every move. It very much feels like a prison. Kids have to do sit ups on the concrete floors in PE they do not supply mats. I am at the point of transfering my son. This school need to start treating these kids as kids and not inmates.

Posted September 16, 2009
Although this school is one of the oldest and ill-equiped schools in Abilene, everyone has a positive attitude! The students, teachers, and parents all work together to learn and succeed. All of the teachers and staff are committed to their students and the community.

Posted September 29, 2004
I had 5 children in this school last year and four this year. I am impressed with the faculty and staff and feel that my children are receiving a quality education from caring educators!

Bowie Elementary School 2

Posted November 11, 2003
My son has attended this school for 3 years now well now they redistricted this year and all of the kids principals etc... are from Alta Vista elem. a school that they closed it has totally changed I use to love it now I am actually to the point of transferring

Bowie Elementary School
1733 South 20th Street, Abilene, TX  79602
Last modified Bowie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top