Bad
Good

Posted January 09, 2013
This is a great school. They have worked with us concerning our daughters medical issue so she can get credit. She is in preAP and honor band. The kids for the most part are good kids. Love our experience the last two years.

Madison Middle School 4

Posted August 08, 2011
Madison has been a great school for us. My son will go to Cooper next year. The only complaint I have is the HUGE bullying problem. My son was never bullied but I saw it contlantly and my son told me about it. The child being bullied gets sent to ISS if they defend themselves even if they didn't start the fight.....WEIRD!!!

Madison Middle School 3

Posted December 01, 2010
This school is big on communication...but short on action...when it comes to kids grades..they like to think they will help but all hope some one else will actually do it...same as bullying...they like to SAY they will do "something" but ...don't...They have a lot of Arts..,but little Art itself...they enjoy hosting outside of school functions but if your child can't get there..its a zero...odd school....kids seem to enjoy it...but as a parent..I see room for improvment...

Madison Middle School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
I am an 8th Grader at Madison, Madison is a very strict school when it comes to creativity. I was sent to ISS for a mis-assumption. I was not allowed to defend myself, I even asked 'Am I even allowed to have say in what is happneing?' Our Vice-Princepal said 'No.' I don't understand why Madison is getting such HIGH rankings. I could barely bring my self to ark 2 stars. The only reason PARENTS are ranking this UP is because their child is what the school wishes them to be. Not only this but Madison, no matterhow 'safe' they say,Has a MAJOR bullying problem.

Posted December 21, 2009
My son is more academically gifted rather than athletic, yet he is challenged in academics and gets to play in most of the athletic games. The principal sets high standards and finds the time to attend many events. Coaches are great role models and teachers are good. This is the perfect fit for my son's needs.

Posted January 07, 2009
What I like most about Madison is its diversity. There is a wide variety of income levels, race, cultural and athletic talent. Each student is challenged according to their capabilities. My child plays all sports, is in the band and is involved in an advanced academic curriculum. Teachers are very good. The principal attends alot of the outside activities of the school, knows many of the students by name, praises their accomplishments and also sets high standards for behavior and dress.

Madison Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2008
I gave the school the benefit of my doubts and allowed my children to stay year. I really enjoyed the Teachers, but seemed to preoccupied with the test. My children are currently enrolled at Wylie.

Madison Middle School
3145 Barrow Street, Abilene, TX  79605
Last modified Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.