Abilene, TX

Posted August 14, 2013
My son went to ward from 1st grade through 4th grade. He had already been held back one year in kindergarten and the school he was attending before Ward insisted that I put him in a different school because they could not meet his "needs." My son has ADHD and the staff at Ward made the difference in his learning. They immediately started him on a learning program that allowed him to stay in a normal classroom setting with "side" classes to get him caught up. I am proud to say that he is on the right grade level in school and they never once gave up on him but instead encouraged him to improve and he did. I am so grateful and proud to say my son went to Alley Ward Elementary.

Posted February 28, 2013
I have a kindergartner, a 2nd grader,and a 4th grader attending Ward and I've been an involved parent there since my oldest started there 4 years ago. We all love Ward! They welcome parent participation and the PTA board is phenomenal. Moms, dads, and grandparents all work together to help decorate the stage for class programs, volunteer at the Winter Carnival, and help the kids check out books in the library. We love Ward and my 3 year old can't wait to attend there as well! The principal is a great guy and so good with the kids and parents. Our teachers have become family friends! Truly the best environment for my children!

Posted October 19, 2010
My children attended this school, moved away, and then came back. There has never been another elementary school like Allie Ward. The prinicipal is wonderful and very involved with the students. And the parent participation is tremendous.

Posted December 26, 2009
Great School! Best principle in Abilene and involved deducated teachers in all greades. I had a 6th grader go through and now a 2nd grader attending with great success. Blessings to all at Ward!!

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted March 09, 2006
Allie ward is a great school,My children loved the teachers. They are very involved in academic and their focus on children to read is excellent too bad we had to move.

Ward Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2006

Posted May 12, 2005
Allie Ward has a tremendous amount of parent involvement. The academic programs are great and we have had great experiences with our teacher. This is our first year at Ward, coming from the Dallas ISD. I am definitely pleased with our experiences so far.

Posted April 12, 2005
I went to enroll my son at this school, and the office personnel seemed really nice and helpful. And also I can hear children singing and it seemed like a nice enviorment.

Ward Elementary School
3750 Paint Brush Drive, Abilene, TX  79606
Last modified Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top