Bad
Good

Posted March 14, 2015
Thomas Elementary deserves a 10 out of 10. I'm so glad that all my three girls get to attend Thomas Elementary since Kindergarten. Despite the fact that the school has gone thru 3 different principals since my oldest was in Kindergarten to my youngest who is now in first grade, the school is great because of all the teachers. They are very caring of the students regardless the many difficulties they have to go through with them. I think the previous reviewer was probably right about why the school does not have a score 10 out of 10, it may be due to the number of students with free lunch program. But don't worry, the level of education the students receive from the teachers is as great as what you can get from a top notch school.

Posted September 10, 2014
We currently have a first grader and fourth grader in this school and they have both been there since kindergarten. I have no idea why this school isn't a 10. Maybe due to the amount of free lunches? Regardless, this is an excellent school. Administration and teachers are very involved and positive. They know my kids and others by name. We miss Cindy Smith but welcome Cindy Hay as new principal. Both are amazing. We are moving soon and my kids don't want to leave. The pick up/drop off is safe and very organized as Ms Robinson directs traffic and teachers in high numbers are there to watch the kids. Programs that encourage reading, UIL , math are all great. 4th grade rotates to all 4 teachers this year and my daughter loves each one. A very fair and consistent discipline/achievement program in each grade and I love the emails and texts from teachers. Lots of communication makes this place amazing. They truly care and get to know each kid. I can't say enough good things. We will seriously miss this school!

Posted August 27, 2012
I love this school! Every school I've experienced for my special needs son seemed so eager to leave him behind. this school worked their best to lift him up and educate him, WITH his special needs, instead of IN SPITE of them. An amazing, God-talented staff! Thank you!

Posted October 26, 2009
Love this school, my daughters have attended for the last two years and the teachers are excellent and the staff is more than accomadating and professional.

Posted September 25, 2009
We have had grandchildren there. One is still atteding. I feel they have all had very good teachers. The new music teacher is great, in my eyes. They all seem very interested in the kids & welcome family involment.

Posted September 04, 2008
Sam Thomas Elementary is an outstanding school. We moved to the area 2 years ago and were pleasantly suprised . I have two children in attendance there. The administration and teachers are fantastic and have made us quickly have a lot of pride and appreciation for our new school.

Thomas Elementary School
1240 Lakeside Drive, Abilene, TX  79602
Last modified Thomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.