Abilene, TX

Posted December 18, 2012
I am a current teacher at A Habitat for Learning and agree that it is definitely a unique place to work. I volunteered for many years and was amazed that children as young as 18 months could point out shapes! It is a highly safe environment for the children that attend and if there is a question or concern the director is always there with an open door. Parents are always well informed of their children with daily sheets that go home and the private school system is even better! The owners are respectful and personable.

A Habitat For Learning 1

Posted November 07, 2012
I was a teacher and a parent of two children who attended the after school program. I was there for over a year and was very happy with my employment for the first few months. However as time progressed I witnessed things that I cannot begin to describe! I was not fired, I left of my own accord because my concious could not handle any more. If considering this place please, please do a full investigation before entrusting your children to their care. They are "always hiring" and trust me there is a reason for that!

Posted May 24, 2011
I am a current teacher at A Habitat for Learning and I must say that it is a unique place to work at. Even though much is expected of each teacher in regard to each child, the work environment is pressure free. The owners are very polite and personabel to everyone. The children are very well taught and know their alphabet, numbers, shapes and colors as early as 2 years old. They also begin potty training at 2 yrs old.. The comment about the director having favorites and that its a bad place to work at, no doubt came from a disgruntled ex employee or someone playing some kind of a prank.

Posted March 20, 2011
A Habitat for Learning is a fijne childcare and an even better private school. My son has gone there for 2 years. He is now 5 and he reads and writes and we never taught him any of it. In my opinion, A Habitat for Learning is the best kept secret in Abilene.

A Habitat For Learning 1

Posted August 06, 2010
The owner Michelle gives some teachers special treatment. Everyday I pass by there I see a "Now Hiring" sign. If they claim that they are a good daycare why do they need more workers? And why are employees leaving? This place is a very bad work environment.

Posted October 02, 2009

A Habitat For Learning 0

Posted September 27, 2009
My son has gone for two years part time, even though the staff changes are frequent (as in all day cares) Michelle has always made us feel safe for our son and that he is part of the extended family!! Thank you HFL

A Habitat For Learning
3242 Beltway South, Abilene, TX  79606
Last modified A Habitat For Learning is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
A Habitat For Learning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top