Bad
Good

Posted May 06, 2015
I attended school at Wylie ISD from K-12 and now have two kids enrolled in the elementary and Intermediate schools at Wylie. Wylie students receive an invaluable education, as well as being taught strict values and self-discipline that carry on into adulthood. My favorite thing about the school is that the teachers/staff/coaches set high expectations for their students and make every effort to see that each student is reaching his/her potential. Wylie excels in academics/sports and is notably one of the best schools in Texas.

Wylie Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2014
I went to Wylie from k-12. We recently moved back to abilene and enrolled my son in1St grade. He was diagnosed with autism (high functioning) and I feel as though the school really drags there feet with testing and making a program to help the child. I feel as educators they are not proactive enough. He is prone to meltdowns and they would only give him breaks after a meltdown began... I had to suggest giving the breaks BEFORE the meltdowns. I'm learning about autism, but it seemed kind of an obvious observation they should have made. If your child needs additional services, time, attention, understanding, you will get it- but not soon enough-and probably after the other kids in the class have a stigma. I am so sad for my son and am looking at another school to transfer him to. Good luck!

Wylie Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2013
Abilene Wylie ISD doesn't care what parents write here; they don't want your kids in their school system anyway. We researched school districts in several cities and chose Abilene Wylie ISD for our home based on published information about the school system, but published information didn't tell the full story.

Posted July 16, 2010
My two sons attended Wylie Schools from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Academically, Wylie is an exemplary school and students score well on achievement tests. Both of my boys graduated in the top of their senior classes. My older son now holds a Master's degree in History and my younger son has a degree in Electrical Engineering. Wylie schools get the credit for their successes!

Wylie Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2010
My views contrast with the other reviewers, as well as with most other Wylie parents. If your child comes from even a remotely alternative educational background, this is not the school for you. The environment is very rigid in terms of teaching and discipline. Children are not encouraged to think independently and are instead taught to comply. Parent involvement is not discouraged, but it is very restricted. The principal is not progressive. While security is a priority, safety is not, particularly with regard to drop-off and pick-up. There is little to no enrichment (no art program), and the children watch cartoons every day after lunch. There are also no after-school enrichment programs on property, such as drama, art, foreign language, sports, etc. Lastly, behavioral consequences are given to children for academic mistakes, which can send a confusing message and create stress for a self-driven, well-behaved child.

Posted March 24, 2009
All I can say, is that I miss the school already. My girls started out in pre-k and up to first grade. I LOVED there teachers. They are always ready to work with the parent and trying to adjust to each child needs. As much as possable with a full classroom. I wish I could just take the school with me. We moved due to the military. The girls miss there school on a daily basis. I haven't found a school that can compare yet!!!

Wylie Elementary School

Posted February 05, 2009
What can I say? This was the best school ever. My son went their last year for Kindergarten and we all absolutely loved it!!! His teacher was great....and she had it together. I myself work at a school so I know how important it is to have it together. Even when my son was sick he never wanted to stay at home. Unfortunately, we had to move due to work, but we will never forget Wylie!!! Bulldogs rock!!

Posted January 27, 2009
My wife & I are impressed with Wylie Elementary. Our son is in the new Kindergarten there. He has 21 classmates. We agree with the comments below, except to note that the school now houses K thru 2nd grade. Our son also attended the pre-K program nearby; free to military. Our other children are in Wylie Intermediate & Wylie Jr High, which are also Excellent schools. The entire Wylie Independent School District is great!

Posted May 17, 2006
Wylie is one of the best schools in Abilene. They have plenty of programs for all ages. The teachers tend to line up with conservative/Christian values so we never have to worry about them pushing liberal agendas.

Wylie Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2005
Wylie elementary is a great school. Both of my children go there and I have had nothing but good experiences so far.

Wylie Elementary School