Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I can't really rate the district since this site bases district ratings on test scores alone, but if your child needs help through special education or Section 504 (ADHD, autism, handicapped) then I wish you the best of luck! Even though schools are required to LOOK for kids having these difficulties, Wylie waits until you ask. And you have to know what to ask for! So, be prepared to educate yourself. They will offer NOTHING.

Amount of homework: Disagree

National studies have shown homework is of NO BENEFIT to grades until possibly high school. Yet, Wylie buries its kids in homework. Every night. My oldest had homework on weekends and holidays! Really! When is the family time?!

Develops character: Agree

I know it's hard to know what happened in an altercation, but punishing all involved is not the way adults are treated in our judicial system. Is that really what we need to teach kids, if you defend yourself, you'll be punished just like the offender.

Wonderful staff, and great school!!! They work hard to prepare kids for state testing while still teaching curriculum. Teachers provide time before school to help any students that need it, and also after school tutorials for students that need extra help.

We have moved to 4 different states all over the country and by far this school is amazing! I have 3 boys who are attending the school and I'm blown away by how fantastic the academics and the teachers are. I wish we could stay forever in this school district however, we will move in 3 to 4 years. I know that my children will be farther ahead academically no matter where we go because of the school.

This is a great school. I am glad that we moved to this district!

Last modified Wylie Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.