Addison, TX

Posted April 26, 2015
We have been at this school for a few years. Our experience has been good, because of the excellent teachers. We do have the same concerns as mentioned by the other parents about the principal, but we continue to stay because the teachers are providing what we find to be an excellent education. It is sad to hear of families leaving, simply because of the principal - as the success of the school is due to the teachers and parents - not the principal (as I agree this principal does not provide the warm reception and guidance needed in this critical role). Those teachers and families choosing to stay, do so in spite of the principal. It is our responsibility as parents to work with the teachers to insure our children receive the support needed to have a great educational experience. For those looking to educate their children at Bush Elementary - do not be afraid and do not let others speak for you. Learn for yourself. This is a good school - providing the guidance and education needed. If you are willing to ignore the principal and work directly with your teachers to help your children - then you will succeed.

Posted March 23, 2015
My son has been at the school for four years now and we have been blessed with amazing teachers. They are truly dedicated to their craft. Couldn't be happier

George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2014
This is my third year at Bush and my kids are happy. The teachers are great and Mrs. Dash(Principal) and Mr. Brown (Asst. Principal) really care about the kids and want to see them become successful. We need more parents to get involved though.

Posted August 29, 2014
When I first went to enroll my daughter I felt the process was made horrible by the registrar. She was very rude and short. I believe she is probably accustomed to being this way and people shrinking and doing what she wants them to do. I, however, am not one of these people. My daughter's education is very important to me so I will not allow anyone to disrupt that. After speaking to the Board of Education my daughter was enrolled without anymore rudeness from the registrar. On back to school night my daughter wasn't assigned to a class. I had to speak to one of the ladies at the front desk. She was so very helpful. She made sure that my daughter was assigned to a class right away. I walked away feeling great about my experience with her. After meeting the teachers I was very confident. The teachers seemed like they cared and most importantly like they wanted to be there. As I was walking out of the building I the same lady who helped me before stopped to make sure I was taken care of. I was surprised to learn that this was the principal that everyone else had negative reviews about. So far so good, I'll update this review after a few months but for now I couldn't ask for more!

Posted August 27, 2014
Wow!! What a terrible, rude and controlling principal. i can't even call her a principal because she has no business being one. i witnessed yesterday a preschooler screaming and clinging to his mother for dear life in front of the school. i wanted to help and come to find out, the mom was not allowed in the building. WHAT??? yup, they would not let his mom take him to the classroom. this is a 4 year old preschooler, helloooo!!!! let the mother take him to the classroom and in a few days he will be ok. well, Dash did not let that happen. she just didnt care. i tried taking my 1st grader to her class, same thing. i was told i was not allowed in and there was nothing to be done about it. just terrible , terrible principal who is a total control freak and makes up her own rules as she goes. we will be gone from this school in a month, and i can't wait. its sad because my daughter really likes her teachers and i do too. don't send your kids to this school and i would be so happy if Dash goes away because the school has so much potential without her.

Posted June 06, 2014
I feel it is safe to speak out now. After today, my daughter won't be there any longer. I have NEVER seen a principal like this lady. She has a chip on her shoulder! I'm not a racist, but she is! My daughter doesn't have a chance. I guess you have to be one of her "chocolate babies" to get respect. What year is it anyways????? Last time I checked it's 2014. I don't get it! I shouldn't have to break my lease for this woman! I hear its typically DISD behavior. I talked with PTA and they said they've talked to her boss and nothing happens. Shame on her, not just the principal. STAY AWAY from that school!!!!!!!!

Posted May 19, 2014
I TOLD YOU ALL SO! I was the first parent to post a comment about GHWB elementary school which was back in January of 2013! It is comforting to know that so many have seen and experience the negativity at this school and I wasn't the only one.Principal Dash along with some of the teachers and staff need to be removed IMMEDIATELY!! I went in one COLD morning last year to speak with the Asst. Principal and his teacher (come to find out it wasn't my child). Anyway, I got there at 7:45 in the morning and was told that I couldn't wait in the office that I had to wait outside in the cold until all the students were in class. WHAT? She said that was one of Principal Dash's rules and not hers.Principal Dash came out from behind somewhere and asked the receptionist why was I there and told me I had to wait outside if I didn't have an appointment. After pleading to Principal Dash she hesitantly allowed me remain but said to me next time I need to have an appointment and I would have to wait outside. I could go on with many other examples but I don't have enough characters remaining to type. This is my son's last year here. Thank GOD!

Posted May 12, 2014
I was really skeptical about the reviews left by some of you when we moved to this area. A year later and can only agree. This was one of the worst experiences in our kids lives! If I could summarize it in one sentence, I would say: "A top of the art building with a very unfriendly and rude principal along with a scared of her staff! " I have never met a principal with such a lack of people skills. I feel bad for some of the staff working there because it is clear as water how her influence affects most of them. It is as if everyone is living in a thriller movie(scared and anxious that something bad is about to happen). Unfortunately we will have to break our lease and look somewhere else. However, I prefer having my kids getting a positive outcome from their school experience and keep a sane mind than enduring a full of hostility, result only concerned and unfriendly environment. I commend the wonderful teachers and some staff members who work really hard to give these kids the best outcome they possibly can but we are just tired of the negative influence that the main administration is bringing on them, families and in special the most important people - the kids!

Posted March 19, 2014
I am looking into a Pre-k school for my son next year and was thinking about GHWB. After reading these reviews, I will STAY AWAY! Parents should start a change.org petition to have this principal removed!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 13, 2013
what a horrendous principal! I've directly seen and heard Principal Dash belittling children and disrespecting her staff. This school needs new leadership. This school is only 3 years old and have not gotten its act together. The first week of school was a mess! Unsafe pick up procedures-kids were crying, confused parents, no communication in regards to the start time of school. Last yr. the start time was after 8 am and pick up was about 3:15 pm. I had no idea when to pick up my child I had to call the school to find out! it takes several calls for administration to answer, no one knows anything about procedures. if you ask a question expect to hear "I dont know, check back next week." Ms. Dash has NO people skills. she is inpatient yelling at kids (why work in an elem. school when you have absolutely no patience?), her eyes are constantly rolling, she stands with her hands on her hip mad at the world. just looking at her reads ATTITUDE! she needs to be a prison guard or work at a juvenile detention center. I wish something could be done but it seems like no one cares. Just meet her for yourself. writing this review is nothing compared to the face-to-face experience of Ms Dash.

George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School
3939 Spring Valley Road, Addison, TX  75001
Last modified George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top