George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2014
This is my third year at Bush and my kids are happy. The teachers are great and Mrs. Dash(Principal) and Mr. Brown (Asst. Principal) really care about the kids and want to see them become successful. We need more parents to get involved though.

Posted August 27, 2014
Wow!! What a terrible, rude and controlling principal. i can't even call her a principal because she has no business being one. i witnessed yesterday a preschooler screaming and clinging to his mother for dear life in front of the school. i wanted to help and come to find out, the mom was not allowed in the building. WHAT??? yup, they would not let his mom take him to the classroom. this is a 4 year old preschooler, helloooo!!!! let the mother take him to the classroom and in a few days he will be ok. well, Dash did not let that happen. she just didnt care. i tried taking my 1st grader to her class, same thing. i was told i was not allowed in and there was nothing to be done about it. just terrible , terrible principal who is a total control freak and makes up her own rules as she goes. we will be gone from this school in a month, and i can't wait. its sad because my daughter really likes her teachers and i do too. don't send your kids to this school and i would be so happy if Dash goes away because the school has so much potential without her.

Posted May 19, 2014
I TOLD YOU ALL SO! I was the first parent to post a comment about GHWB elementary school which was back in January of 2013! It is comforting to know that so many have seen and experience the negativity at this school and I wasn't the only one.Principal Dash along with some of the teachers and staff need to be removed IMMEDIATELY!! I went in one COLD morning last year to speak with the Asst. Principal and his teacher (come to find out it wasn't my child). Anyway, I got there at 7:45 in the morning and was told that I couldn't wait in the office that I had to wait outside in the cold until all the students were in class. WHAT? She said that was one of Principal Dash's rules and not hers.Principal Dash came out from behind somewhere and asked the receptionist why was I there and told me I had to wait outside if I didn't have an appointment. After pleading to Principal Dash she hesitantly allowed me remain but said to me next time I need to have an appointment and I would have to wait outside. I could go on with many other examples but I don't have enough characters remaining to type. This is my son's last year here. Thank GOD!

Posted May 12, 2014
I was really skeptical about the reviews left by some of you when we moved to this area. A year later and can only agree. This was one of the worst experiences in our kids lives! If I could summarize it in one sentence, I would say: "A top of the art building with a very unfriendly and rude principal along with a scared of her staff! " I have never met a principal with such a lack of people skills. I feel bad for some of the staff working there because it is clear as water how her influence affects most of them. It is as if everyone is living in a thriller movie(scared and anxious that something bad is about to happen). Unfortunately we will have to break our lease and look somewhere else. However, I prefer having my kids getting a positive outcome from their school experience and keep a sane mind than enduring a full of hostility, result only concerned and unfriendly environment. I commend the wonderful teachers and some staff members who work really hard to give these kids the best outcome they possibly can but we are just tired of the negative influence that the main administration is bringing on them, families and in special the most important people - the kids!

Posted March 19, 2014
I am looking into a Pre-k school for my son next year and was thinking about GHWB. After reading these reviews, I will STAY AWAY! Parents should start a change.org petition to have this principal removed!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 13, 2013
what a horrendous principal! I've directly seen and heard Principal Dash belittling children and disrespecting her staff. This school needs new leadership. This school is only 3 years old and have not gotten its act together. The first week of school was a mess! Unsafe pick up procedures-kids were crying, confused parents, no communication in regards to the start time of school. Last yr. the start time was after 8 am and pick up was about 3:15 pm. I had no idea when to pick up my child I had to call the school to find out! it takes several calls for administration to answer, no one knows anything about procedures. if you ask a question expect to hear "I dont know, check back next week." Ms. Dash has NO people skills. she is inpatient yelling at kids (why work in an elem. school when you have absolutely no patience?), her eyes are constantly rolling, she stands with her hands on her hip mad at the world. just looking at her reads ATTITUDE! she needs to be a prison guard or work at a juvenile detention center. I wish something could be done but it seems like no one cares. Just meet her for yourself. writing this review is nothing compared to the face-to-face experience of Ms Dash.

Posted August 29, 2013
This was the worse experience we never had starting in a new school before! When we recorded our kids there; they asked us to bring them on first day of school. We asked them about meeting the teachers before, and the lady roughly said to us to come on monday! Anyway, we came back on thursday (day of meeting the teacher), cuz my neighbor told me about it. After explaining my kids are news students, a lady from office asked me to look for my kids' name on the list, what I did it with no finding anything. Then I tried to ask help for a work team, who asked me to go to office again. I did it, and again a rude lady asked me to come back just on monday. Ok monday, OMG, It's was a nightmare. My kids' name weren't still on the list. They couldn't explain me nothing about it. We had to stay in the auditorium for 2,5 h with 50 others lost parents, until somebody call me, because they received our application, but left in somewhere in the office without record them. Finally 10:30am with my kids tired, hungry and confuse; They give to my kids a teacher, who I just was able to say hi and bye. Well, during all this mess, principal never showed her face.

George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2013
I have three students that attend this school. This is there first year here and transferred from another DISD school. I was greatly disappointing with the school by the end of the year. The principle is very rude and hard to voice concerns too. When she spoke to me I felt belittled, so left the school wondering how she spoke to the children. As the year progressed, I found out through my children the irrational expectations the principle had for the students. To expect students to sit quietly and focus on school lessons with no daily recess; or, even the ability to talk at lunch. My oldest child has been on honor role and in the TAG program since kindergarten, but had the hardest year of her life. Her homeroom teacher has openly told the class she has a favorite student. That she hates the school, and that she will take any of her family out of her will if they become teachers. All other teachers at the school I have experienced are GREAT!! The greatest problem is the leadership(principle, AP, & support staff). Their is a BIG bullying problem in this school and feel it is due to the lack of leadership and consequences for the bullies.

Posted June 07, 2013
The teacher my child has is great and would be rated 5 stars. Unfortunately, the administration at the school is substandard. At the first evening function we attended Principal Dash spoke to the parents as if we were ill behaved children. She is very condescending to say the least. Throughout the year there have been various complaints of how rude the Principal, Asst. Principal and office staff have been. There is no warm and fuzzy feeling in the office. SOMEONE IN DISD should take a look at the administration of this school and do something about it. The teachers and facility are great but the administration is going to ruin this school and it reputation.

Posted June 05, 2013
I have teachers in my family. I know how hard they work! I wonder how hard any of the office staff works? I picked up my fourth grader a while back. It took a while for them to find her. While I was waiting, I heard the annoying conversations over the principal's walkie talkies. I couldn't believe it, but I actually heard them asking who was going to get lunch. Perhaps, yesterday's lockdown wouldn't have happened if they were less concerned about the lunch menu.

George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School
3939 Spring Valley Road, Addison, TX  75001
Last modified George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Herbert Walker Bush Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top