Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

They made the mistake of thinking I was going to put my high energy first grader on stimulants to keep her sedated during class. Perhaps I will but not in the first grade and not in an environment where she's not being taught anything. I spent 30K for prek and k and my daughter learned very very little. Nothing in reading, writing or arithmetic. I finally took my daughter to another private school. After three days of academic testing and said she's preforming at at least a second grade level in everything and a third or higher grade in reading. They recommended skipping first grade and moving her straight into second grade. In less than a week the new school had done more academic testing than Trinity had done in two years... Still I was concerned about my daughters high energy issues and ask her new teacher if I could meet with her. When we met, I ask her how we will be communicating about behavior issues, making sure we're on the same page and what we can do to help her. Her teacher said there's no problem with my daughter, she's doing fine and has no issues that can't easily be handled. Her teacher said she's an expert and can spot problems and would of already let me know if she saw any. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't accept it, I ask her again and again, waited several days and waited several weeks. I keep getting the same answer, no behavior issues. As a TCA alumni I'd say carefully consider if your child is right for TCA. They focus on the 82% kid. If your child is too bright or not bright enough then it's not a good fit. Be prepared to be involved, on a daily basis, in your child's education. If you want someone who can take care of the business of educating your child without your daily intervention then you should keep looking. TCA about traumatized us sending all those silly teacher notes with boxes to initial and sign everyday that highlighted their own classroom management problems. While it didn't seem like it at the time our last day at TCA was truly a blessing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Many different teachers at TCA took a personal interest in my children. They were concerned with their well-being, not just their academic performance. When we had family illnesses, they were at the hospital. When we had family tragedies, they prayed alongside us. When my children needed discipline, it was delivered with their best interests at heart .

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is designed to reinforce and provide practice at All levels, and the high school homework prepares students for the rigors of college.

Three of my children graduated from Trinity. Not only did it prepare them well for college, but it gave them a safe, healthy environment where they made life long friends. All three attended excellent universities. We owe a debt of gratitude to the faculty of TCA!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Activities, classes, and even discipline plans are designed to develop the students' character. The desire of the community is to contribute to the development of the whole child.

The teachers and staff took a personal interest in my children - encouraging them to do their best and holding them to high standards academically, socially, and spiritually. It was worth every penny spent!

Develops character: Strongly agree

In sports, academics and fine arts my teachers and coaches held me to a high standard, teaching me how to live a life of integrity. The way the discipline program is designed is to reward honesty and integrity. If a student confesses to the administration that they broke a rule, including class A (the worst) rules, expulsion is out of the question. Punishment will still be given, decided by a committee of students, in a fair system.

This school completely prepared me for the college curriculum. I am finishing up my freshman year of college easily with a 4.0 GPA taking 17 hours. Every step of the way the teachers and faculty encouraged me to excel, to dig deeper into concepts, and really understand how to solve problems. Each and every one of my teachers were enthusiastic about their subject and about making sure I understood each lesson. They were available and willing to come early and stay late to help me succeed in their class. I was not only prepared academically but also spiritual. I learned how to apply each concept I learn and relate that to how God has created and sustained the earth. I feel completely confident in the Word and because of the community I had at Trinity, i was encouraged to find a similar group of solid christian friends in college. However, not the entire student body is strong in their faith, but that is to be expected. If you are looking for a school with perfect people, that is not here, frankly that is not anywhere. Yes, bullying is there, but the faculty takes this very seriously, and most of the time when people "get away with bullying" it is because nobody tells someone. But this is a school with faculty and staff who love the Lord and pour out into each of the students. I learned so much about grace, faith, and love by the stories and actions of my teachers. When I have a family, I will do whatever I can in my power to make sure my children attend this school. Trinity Christian Academy prepared me academically, spiritually, and in character to thrive on a secular campus and make movements for the kingdom of God on my campus.

Elementary school and middle school were both fine. The teachers were great, and the other students were friendly. However, the high school is absolutely miserable for anybody who isn't rich or athletic. It often causes huge amounts of anxiety from both the academic and social pressures. The academics cater to a very small group of people;most find it too difficult, and a few others find it boring or too easy. Most the teachers are helpful, but people in the administration often pick on certain students who don't fit their mold of a perfect TCA student. It's full of brainwashed, elitist, hypocritical students who have a "holier than thou" attitude. Religion is forced on students constantly in an extremely specific way, and anybody who doesn't fit their idea of a Christian is outed by their peers. The administration is brainwashing the entire student body to be an exclusive "Jesus club." Voicing an opinion different from your peers will result in an onslaught of insults. the majority of students end up being slapped in the face with reality when they go off into the real world. TCA is not teaching Jesus's message of love and grace for everybody, but they are promoting a completely different message through their words and actions. Quite a few people have been turned away from the faith by TCA's approach rather than drawn to it. Overall, this school is a horrible choice for anybody who doesn't fit their religious mold and isn't smart, athletic, and rich, so stay far away.

If your child isn't not a brilliant student then TCA is not for you. In high school it is a requirement to take honors and AP english and history, for some students that's too much. Also if your child doesn't take honors and AP classes sophomore through senior year, then they will feel like they've not worked hard enough because the rest of their grade is taking harder classes. Have your child take choir or drama 1 in high school as an elective. Let me just tell you that the art program as good as it may be IS NOT worth it. All you get is teachers who are somewhat rude in their critiques, count you off for things they told you to do, and give you a ridiculous amount of homework and art papers. Go to Prestonwood or public school, your child will excel.

Last modified Trinity Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12