PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Valley Christian Heritage School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 27, 2015
Miss Walker was a great teacher, just limited on what she could do because of principal

Posted December 27, 2015
This is a horrible school. They don't have a nurse and just guess if your child is sick. My daughter threw up 4 times and the principal didn't think she should call me. She told all my daughter teachers not to let her put her head down because she wasn't sick. The principal called me at four to tell me she was sick because I didn't feed her right. When I picked her up I could tell she was sick. I took her right then to a clinic. She had 101.7 temperature. And was still throwing up. This lady has very bad judgment. I took my children out after that. My daughter cried and and was scared to go back. The principal is very mean and rude to kids and parents except her favorites. This is a horrible place. I thought I was doing a good thing but I only hurt my kids by putting them in this school. If I knew how to report this school I would!

Posted June 11, 2014
I wrote the previous review and I forgot to add that convenience should not be on your mind. I work and live in McAllen, but I drive to Alamo without a moment's hesitation because I want what is best for my child. If we can't be inconvenienced for our children than who will we sacrifice for? Please excuse the typo in my earlier review. It should say "take it from someone"...

Posted February 18, 2014
This is an outstanding school. One of the best decisions my husband and i have made for our kids (were both public ed. Teachers). Rules and policies are seriously enforced, so that's why it works. Believe me, public schools do not follow this. That's why students are passed and get away from any disciplinary actions. My kids are doing great, they are happy, and best of all being influenced with good morals.

Posted August 22, 2012
Most private schools tend to accept children from middle class homes, or people with money no matter the source This school attract parents that are of like minds as far as values are concerned. You will find a mixture of financial conditions among the parents, but they are united in wanting the best for their children. You will find many parent that are teachers in the public school system and it would be more convenient to take their children with them. Why do you think they would do that if it was not worth it?. Even if you are not a Christian it must be a good thing to be academically viable in today's society. Are we going to continue to import all of our educated people from over seas? Stop worrying about the threat of Islam start concerning ourselves with poor parenting and lack of leadership in our homes. Valley Christian Works with the family of ally children not just the gifted kid from well to do homes.

Posted April 14, 2011
dont limit your child! this place is nothing what you get in the real world. The woman who terrorizes this place like the fuhrer has one goal in mind; limit your outside connection....and go to her prized affiliated Christian University. The "standardized" tests are dated from mid to early 90's at best. The text books are mid 80's. The teachers are great people there, they are just limited by the VCHS dictator on what they are able to offer children.

Valley Christian Heritage School 4

Posted September 23, 2010
I enjoyed working at VCHS The classes were small. The students were respectful and though some were below grade level they worked hard and caught up most parents were supportive of my efforts

Posted September 16, 2010
I do not recommend this school for any student. When my parents withdrew me (which took an attorney) I was in the seventh grade and we soon found out I was testing at a fifth grade level. I have since had to complete 5th through 9th grade in three years. My school books at this school were not up to date; with some dating back to the 70s (my other actually had the same spelling book when she was a child). The principal was cruel to students and played favorites. Teachers were scared of the principal and if they were not they were made so miserable they quit. I had a severe family crisis before I left and have since found out that the principal told several students what had happened to me; causing me great embarrassment. I attribute my success after leaving there to my parents and McAllen ISD.

Posted September 13, 2010
There is nothing wrong with this school except for the superintendent. Too much conflict of interest with administation and board members (Family). This school will never grow due to current adminstration refusing to use technology. (Still doing everything by hand and not computerized.) A classroom full of computers and not using them. Science lab full of brand new equipment and gas not hooked up. Choose another school.

Posted July 19, 2009
I am very happy with this school. My child had severe attention deficit and here at this school they have been able to work with her. She is not on medication, but instead she is succeeding with the professional insight of the teachers at this school. And, she loves this school too.

Valley Christian Heritage School
932 North Alamo Road, Alamo, TX  78516
Last modified Valley Christian Heritage School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Valley Christian Heritage School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top