Posted May 04, 2014
I attended Aledo schools since kindergarten through my senior year. Aledo is not only competitive in sports but also in academics as well. It is very challenging to be in the top ten percent, as I was not but I had a 95 GPA. The high school is wonderful, teachers are great, and I feel that I was so lucky to attend such a great school! Don't let bitter parents whose kids may not have made a certain team or something be bitter and fool you with their opinion of Aledo high school! Take my opinion, an actual student who attended Aledo. It is a very challenging school, you get penalized for turning in HW late, you cannot retake quizzes and tests just because. You genuinely have to work hard for the grades you recieve.

Aledo High School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
Do not move to this area because of the schools. They are not friendly to previous homeschoolers and if you are not from this area you are treated as an outsider. Everything Aledo is sports. If you are an academic and want to get a great education, this is NOT the place for you. If you want a watered down education where it is impossible to fail and easy to get good grades, this is the place for you. Teachers allow students to retake tests and homework until they get a 70%. You are allowed to turn in homework whenever you want with no penalty. This is NOT getting our kids ready for the real world. You won't have a job long if you turn your work in when you feel like it or if you have to redo it several times to get something that will pass. This is Aledo. Its all about athletics not education.

Posted November 11, 2012
I love going to school here. All of my teachers are willing to go the extra mile to help me, even letting me stay before/after school in their class to get help with my work. If I have a question, i'm never afraid to ask. I never have problems with how the teachers teach and the assignments they give us. It's a very challenging school district, but the rewards are worth it.

Posted June 16, 2011
My daughter has been in the Aledo ISD since kindergarten. She has learned so much more compared to her friends that attend other districts. The teachers are always accessible for both parents and students. The campuses are well maintained and provide a safe and inviting atmosphere for students to learn.

Posted December 16, 2010
AHS has wonderful athletics programs, but not to the detriment of academics. If you select the right AP courses and teachers, your child will be well-prepared for college. I say this as an alumnus of Fort Worth ISD's "best" magnet schools. Unless you enjoy TSA-style pat downs, metal detectors, and drive-by shootings, you should abandon the abysmal, dangerous FWISD and head west for Aledo.

Posted August 17, 2010
As a parent who researched the entire area around Ft Worth when f aced with a big move from Florida I have to say that my husband and I CHOSE Aledo based upon the school district and its perfomance. My daughter has thrived in this environment and we have chosen to stay here because of it until she graduates from high school. She is not athletically inclined and I do not begrudge the district or the community its love of sports. Remember, the community voted for the bond issue that built that stadium and I, for one, am proud to be a part of a small town who is willing to go the extra mile for their kids. She will graduate from a wonderful school with top grades and a great education.

Posted June 23, 2010
The teachers and staff work well with both the students and the parents to ensure that each child's educational goals are achieved.

Posted April 27, 2010
This is a warm, safe, challenging environment. The faculty seem happy and very engaging. The athletics is second to none and the facilities are excellent. My child attends this school and I have substituted a few times to check out the campus and the kids. As an old High School AP teacher, it has a very good academic program.

Aledo High School 0

Posted February 08, 2010
It's an A+ school. The enviornment is great, the students are great, and the extracurricular activity opportunities are endless. Aledo Class of 2011!

Posted October 29, 2009
I graduated from Aledo several years back and overall think that it is a good school. Obviously the parents on here that are saying there are no activites besides sports have not done their research because I actually took a photography class and my brother took several of the history elective classes that they offer and they were adding more and more class offerings every year. I am sorry, but I think that the problem is that people are expecting too much for a school that only graduates 300 students tops every year. If you are looking for a safe environment with a good education system and a small town feel, Aledo is a great choice.

Aledo High School
1000 Bailey Ranch Road, Aledo, TX  76008
Last modified Aledo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aledo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top