Posted January 09, 2014
We moved to Texas from CA and landed in Allen for we saw that Boon has 10 school rating and best test scores.Boon is such a amazing school ,wonderful school.When you enter the school you feel so welcomed, warmth ,cheerful. The staff always has happy, cheerful faces,Principal is always there in the morning or after school to help you , maintain security.Now they have set up a new security.You feel so safe to send your kid to such a school. My daughter was in this school for 1 1/2 year.They take so much effort in making sure every kid excel in this grades.Kids gets after school tuition if required.When you see The home work binders, reading logs, home work packets ,you see that they are doing so much work at school. When we have to move from Allen ,it felt so bad to me and my daughter.We loved the school so much.Love Mrs Drew.She is the best teacher.

Dr E T Boon Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2013
y kids went to this school for a little while. Some of the teachers that I came in contact with were very nice. The principal however, is a very RUDE , STUCK UP SNOB, who only has her job because her daddy built the school! She talks to people anyway she wants, and has No concern for other peoples feelings. They treat You completely different if you don't make the typical 5 figures the other parents make. All in all, its basically a school for spoiled over privileged kids!!!!!!

Posted January 15, 2013
My family relocated here from Chicago (blind) & so I had to do my research for over 1 year on the schools in N. Dallas. After reading just about every review in just about all the ISD's of N. Dallas I had our new location pinpointed to a zip. That zip code landed my family here in Allen. The best part was not the fantastic area, neat, clean city & that year round vacation feel, but Boon. I refused to sign my lease until I visited Boon to see if the reviews were factual. When my family walked in to the school we were blown away by the security measures & the warmth we felt coming in. Boon is AMAZING words really cannot provide you with a sense of what my family felt coming into this school it is just something you have to experience yourself. My daughter has been at Boon for now 2 years & I know it is going to be difficult for us all when we relocate to another Allen school, b/c the next school will have HUGE shoes to fill compared to Boon, but I know my family will NEVER leave the Allen ISD because our experience with Boon. Apartment life is not for us for much longer, time to find a home that a 2 income home can afford on the other side of Allen. But Boon will always be #1!

Dr E T Boon Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2012
We have found the teachers at this school to be nice and caring. However if you are a working mom...forget it. The SAHMs are clicky and talk down to working moms. It is very funny to me that someone says Boon serves some of the lowest income kids in Allen.... If you don't live in Twin Creeks then you are considered less than. I have even heard parents and teachers refer to some kids as "apartment kids". So sure they service some lower income families here, but not without labels and not without excluding them from social events. I actually had one mother tell me after a rezoning meeting "Congrats you guys get to stay at OUR school". I am a home owner, I pay taxes just like everyone else. We moved and we miss the teachers and high quality education, but do not miss the terrible elitist parents at this school. There is no diversity or adversity and I do think the Principal could strive to make a difference here but doesn't.

Dr E T Boon Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2012
Academically, this school has done extremely well. No one can argue that. It has quite a diverse student population; but if you visit the school's website you would NEVER think the there is such a diverse student population. With such a diverse student population (race, socioeconomic, etc. background), you would think there would be a diverse staff. NOPE! NOT ONE African-Amercian, Indian, Asian, etc. teacher in the entire school. This has to be resolved. I can't imagine such as disparity in this school. INSANE! Diversity has to be embraced there. This is what builds great teams... a collection of individuals with varying experiences, backgrounds, and cultures. I am sure there are many African-American, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, etc. well qualified teachers. I know the self-esteem of the majority student body has to be suffering. I am just speaking as a concerned African-American parent. It just makes sense to have diversity everywhere and not just with the students that are being taught.

Dr E T Boon Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2012
It's very concerning the lack of diversity amongst the staff. Is there a reason for this?

Posted April 27, 2011
Out of the great schools in Allen, Boon is the best. There is a great support structure for the children and parents. If your child is challenged with topics or grades the teachers and volunteers will bend over backwards to support your child in their time of need. We find no elitestism here at all and my child has been at Boon since the doors opened. We have all fought hard to support Tammy and she is regarded as one of the best principals in Allen for a reason. You will also not find a more support staff from the office, nurse, SSI, special needs etc... There is no other school I would rather have my child attend. Boon's boundaries include some of the lowest income children in Allen and they receive the same support and nuturing as the other children.

Dr E T Boon Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2010
This is a good district, but we have found this particular school is full of materialistic parents, and there is a very elitist culture. There is quiet talk of trying to figure out how to get the 'lesser' students shipped to other schools.

Posted June 29, 2009
My two daughters (4th and 1st) were miraculously transferred directly into this school in February upon our family's relocation to Allen. The principal told me that that 120 overflow children are bussed to other Allen elementary schools. Our girls were allowed in due to isolated departures of two other children's families moving away mid year. After her 1st day, my fourth grader said 'this is the best school I've ever been in,' of the 4 schools she's been in. The rest of the year was excellent for both girls. Many of our friends are home-schoolers, but we know that the well-rounded education at Boon elementary will benefit our kids in the long run. Although the school is at maximum capacity now, Allen ISD plans to open a new school to handle the area's growth which should relieve the overflow situation.

Posted November 30, 2006
We couldn't be happier with the entire Boon experience. The teachers and staff are extremely friendly, warm and welcoming. I see the principal with a smile on her face almost every time I'm there. The parent involvement is phenomenal. Most importantly, my kids are coming home each day with a positive attitude about learning. My daughter is almost constantly singing the songs she's learned, and my first grade son is reading well above the 4th grade level. We are extremely fortunate!

Dr E T Boon Elementary School
1050 Comanche Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Dr E T Boon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr E T Boon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top