Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

This school has a very cold atmosphere, just walking into the building feels like walking into a funeral parlor. The principal is not visible; my child has been here several years and I've never seen her. I have to pry information from teacher for extra curricular information and they act like it's a burden. I wouldn't recommend this school; the saving grace is that the parents and students are generally well mannered and intelligent.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Depending on the teacher, one teacher may give the kids 30 mins to do homework in class, while another grade does not. Then, that evening, I have two kids at home. one with no homework as he/she has completed it in class, and the other has an hour or more of homework, because she/he has not been given the opportunity to do her homework in school.

This school has gradually declined since it's opening. The teachers are great and most seem to care about the students and are doing their best. I feel my kids are getting a good education. However, never are they recognized for excelling academically or in any aspect of their schooling. Where other schools are having awards ceremonies and pep rallies to recognize kids who excel, this school sends them home at the end of the year in an envelop like it's top secret. There's no excitement, no hype, no honor in being a standout. The Admin, both Principal and Assist. Principal, seem out of touch and are seldom out greeting kids as they enter the building or during the day. Kids are scared to death of the Assistant Principal as she always has a sour look on her face and snaps at them if the kids talk. The extracurricular activities put on by the PTA and school admin are mediocre. School Dance in Elementary, I feel the dances should be left to Middle schools and high schools, this puts undue pressure on kids as "date awareness" begins forming in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. School policy and rules are selectively followed depending on who is breaking the rules. Overall, good education, but so sad to watch the decline over the 7 years it has been open.

No school is perfect and you cannot count on every teacher that you get being a superstar. With that said, our experience over the last several years has not been what some of the negative reviews on this site imply. We have seen a principal that cares about all of the students and tries very hard to do what she believes is in their best interest. We have been blown away with the special education support we have received.

Bad school teacher and principal. Students can not explain to their teacher. When parent spoke with principal just want to protect teacher and never what kids. Terrible school.

I echo the lack of diversity in the teaching staff. I also feel as though teachers favor students that are gifted and lose interest in challenges. The gifted children need to be acknowledged, but the children with learning disabilities or challenges need extra attention as well. I feel like Evans drops the ball there. It's a good school, but there is still much to be learned here by the prima donna staff and PTA. The PTA is a small version of "The Real Housewives of Allen", they are clicky and unfriendly, you must engage them to be a part of your child's academics.

Our experience was very nice but academics were below par so we had to move out. We are in Brinker Elementary now and very happy with standard of education in Plano ISD. Its great to see kids getting challenged and enjoying it.

This is an incredible school with incredible teachers and staff. I wish there was a little diversity in the teaching staff.

My Granddaughter is new to the school, Looking forward to a good report with attending 4th grade at Mary Ellen Elementary school

The school is exemplary I heard. I am a new parent to this school, and I feel the staff guiding the traffic and attending the phones seem a little grouchy. I think apart from teaching which is good I think the staff needs to be little polite towards the parents. And I have seen this with me and some other examples were thats not the case.

Last modified Mary Evans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.