Mary Evans Elementary School 3

Posted December 11, 2014
I echo the lack of diversity in the teaching staff. I also feel as though teachers favor students that are gifted and lose interest in challenges. The gifted children need to be acknowledged, but the children with learning disabilities or challenges need extra attention as well. I feel like Evans drops the ball there. It's a good school, but there is still much to be learned here by the prima donna staff and PTA. The PTA is a small version of "The Real Housewives of Allen", they are clicky and unfriendly, you must engage them to be a part of your child's academics.

Mary Evans Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2014
Our experience was very nice but academics were below par so we had to move out. We are in Brinker Elementary now and very happy with standard of education in Plano ISD. Its great to see kids getting challenged and enjoying it.

Posted May 07, 2014
This is an incredible school with incredible teachers and staff. I wish there was a little diversity in the teaching staff.

Posted March 17, 2013
My Granddaughter is new to the school, Looking forward to a good report with attending 4th grade at Mary Ellen Elementary school

Mary Evans Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2012
The school is exemplary I heard. I am a new parent to this school, and I feel the staff guiding the traffic and attending the phones seem a little grouchy. I think apart from teaching which is good I think the staff needs to be little polite towards the parents. And I have seen this with me and some other examples were thats not the case.

Posted March 09, 2012
My daughter was new to this school this year and her teacher went above and beyond to make her feel welcome. She was willing to talk with us after hours on the phone if needed. We are leaving the area but will remember Mrs. Reynolds!

Posted May 06, 2010
My kids have really excelled at this school. There is great parent support here as well. The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is because it lacks some of the extracurricular focus of other elementary schools. I feel the art and music departments could be stronger. A lot of focus is placed on the state TAKS tests that occur at the end of the year. We have had great experiences, and are happy with the education that our children receive. A great school!

Mary Evans Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2009

Mary Evans Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2009
This school is committed to making every child successful. The staff is very friendly and open to the parents being invloved. True teaming of parents and techers make this an Exemplary place to leave your child daily.

Mary Evans Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2009
The staff are highly skilled,dedicated learning leaders. The principal set the standard very high for both academics and behavior. How many principals take the time to eat lunch with the students once a semester? This principal does. She believe the more adults affirming the students the more valued they will feel in their school.

Mary Evans Elementary School
1225 Walnut Springs Drive, Allen, TX  75013
Last modified Mary Evans Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Evans Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top