Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Beverly Cheatham Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2015
The school has a good reputation in the community. However, when I faced problems is when I was able to experience the school leadership. I could never get the school leadership to listen to my concerns until I filed a level 1 complaint. I had an issue were my child's teacher was disclosing confidential information about my child to another teacher. The other teacher who was not my child's teacher confronted me in front of other parents. This was very unprofessional. We ended up leaving the school even after the issue was resolved. Academically the school only performs to meet the state of Texas minimum (which is not very challenging). They rarely give lower grade students any real homework. There are a mix of good and bad teachers. The leadership is not very strong and keeps parents at bay unless you are giving your time. Otherwise as a parent I was not welcome. I was able to gain assess to my Childs classroom but I had to literally stay on the teacher to choose me for activites. Yes, it is a lot of parental involvement in the school. Yes, there are plenty of extra activities for students. Your experience on the school depends on which teacher your child gets each year, your Childs temperament, and if you have to deal with school administrators. Overall we were not pleased with the school education, how school leaders handled conflict, the classroom teacher and school approach to student behavior issues, and teacher relaxed environment (teacher attitude, lack of respect for school administrators). Our family had to go through too many hoops, too much paperwork, too many meetings to resolve an issue that was completely inappropriate and very unprofessional on behalf of school staff. Our overall trust and confidence in this school was shattered.

Posted June 12, 2014
I am student who just left Cheatham Elementary this year for middle school and I have to say, this school is the best. The parents who say that school wants minimal parent involvement are out of their minds! This school definitely encourages parental involvement, and not to mention the staff loves to see parents around the building. The education provided at this school is top-notch, and the teachers truly care about your child's well-being in and outside of school. There are so many clubs and activities that Cheatham provides, it's hard not to make friends. In all the years I have been here, I have never seen nor experienced any bullying since the staff makes sure to enforce the consequences of bullying towards the students. Being at this school totally built on my personality for the better. At Cheatham, there is constantly an opportunity to get better and stronger and that is why I loved being a student here.

Posted April 11, 2014
We absolutely LOVE Cheatham! The staff clearly love what they do and dedicate their lives to educating the kids. We have had amazing teachers every year we have been there. The PTA is also outstanding at Cheatham and the teachers are always more than welcoming to parents that want to help out in the classroom. I was surprised at all the extra activities offered for an Elementary School. They have things like run club, girls club, golf club, chess club, an after school Spanish program, robotics etc. Very impressed with all that Cheatham has to offer! My kids LOVE it too and are always happy to go to school.

Posted April 11, 2014
We have the most supportive teachers and staff! Our principal is top notch and she only allows the best. Her expectations are high & the teachers are so caring & loving. The parents are welcome in the school & classroom! We hit the jack pot when we moved into this community. We have been here for 3 years and are more than happy with the education our children are receiving. Thank you to all the BCES staff.

Posted February 10, 2014
After reading the review regarding Cheatham keeping parents out of the school, I am confused. Cheatham has always been incredibly welcoming to parents wishing to contribute/volunteer. Having experienced other schools, I was thrilled with the open and welcoming atmosphere at Cheatham. There is a huge parental involvement here and a strong PTA presence. Cheatham is a great , well rounded school from everything I have experienced over the years. There has never been any pressure regarding gifting, money, etc that I have ever seen. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I am thankful to kids here!

Posted December 16, 2013
The teachers care, the administration is engaged, and the parents are involved. Can't ask for more.

Posted September 05, 2013
I can't say I have experienced any of the negatives posted in earlier reviews. My student's teachers have always been of the quality that I have come to expect from the Allen School District. The teachers have always been open and responsive to any of my concerns as has the principal and vice principal.

Beverly Cheatham Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2013
Beverly Cheatham is in a nice neighborhood in Allen but the teachers and staff, including the principal are mediocre. They want little parent involvement and have many rules to keep you out of the school or seeing what is going on in the classroom. The teachers and staff have an attitude that your child is "theirs" while at school. I am trying to move my child to another school which is a challenge. The curriculum at the school has been fine but the dictatorship the staff exudes is not healthy for the child or the relationship between parent and staff.

Beverly Cheatham Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2013
This school is below my expectations. The level of challenging the students is much lower than I would expect. The leadership I've seen is very mediocre and not professionals I would hire. Given the geography and demographics of this school, I believe there are monetary expectations pressured on the parents that are unacceptable regarding gifts for teachers, etc. My children are truly not happy in this environment.

Beverly Cheatham Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2013
Mediocre school with great facilities in a great neighborhood: primarily upper-middle class white-collar job community in north Allen. Our 5th grader comes home with no homework and older kids are expected to be self-motivated. Our kindergartner loves it though. Its a "feel good" school, great for up until 3rd or 4th grade, but not beyond.

Beverly Cheatham Elementary School
612 East Bethany Drive, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Beverly Cheatham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.