Allen, TX
Students enrolled: 4,416

Posted September 30, 2014
This is a blue ribbon school and one of the best out there, not sure why or how the rating went down now ...

Allen High School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Our oldest went there and two younger ones went to Plano West. There is a night and day diffrence between two schools. Allen is too focused on buildings, football and stadiums. Academics are barely average. You can look at their high school SAT, ACT, Science Fair, Presidential Scholars, TIP, National Merit Scholars statistics. Nothing matches with the schools of same demographics. I don't understand how Highland Park, Plano, Coppell and Southlake can do so well but Allen can't. We were very disappointed.

Posted April 23, 2014
Based on the Texas Education Agency report I have rated it high. Number of students graduated and they have excelled in SAT

Posted April 11, 2014
We moved here from Frisco school system and couldn't be happier! Although the school is large, you would never know it. The teachers give each student the attention they need and know all their student's names almost immediately. The class room sizes are smaller than average and the programs offered are second to none! I didn't realize how little Frisco had to offer until coming to Allen. There is something for everyone, way more than your "traditional" high school. The thought that someone would get lost here due to the size couldn't be further from the true. I wish we had moved here during the earlier years and hadn't waited so long. Love Allen High School!

Posted April 11, 2014
We love everything Allen! The high school offers so many opportunities for every child. We couldn't be happier!

Posted March 14, 2014
Allen and all of it's HUGE growth spurts has been doing some well needed updates city wide! We have amazing new roads, great new high school, awesome public library, great police dept, expanded fire dept, updated city hall, the schools rate? got one child with Adhd and dyslexia (serious time about read problems attended to), the other AP student Got equal time of concern from AISD!!... Allen HS is also home to the largest marching band and orchestra! Some of the best equipped computer labs, science labs and academic availability known. 98% growth rate! Would pass any app to grow a city! Allen did not even"give in" to the Dart system and it's $ hungry ways. They found a more comparable establishment to support public transport. My 2 cents on that.. the new public bus should stop by the high school!! Kids looking for jobs. Gripes? Allen is highly competitive on ALL realms! PS.. putting a dyslexic//adhd child in the new classroom environment of self or reverse education... not a good idea!

Posted March 03, 2014
It offers A LOT of options in a variety of areas for every student. From agricultural to arts, medical to engineering fields ... I would say the only one missing so far is aviation and I am sure they would consider it soon as well.

Allen High School 1

Posted March 01, 2014
Now that we have crack stadium. The money should have been used on a new high school instead

Posted February 28, 2014
I love this school. We have a big population in our school, but that's also the reason the school has a number of programs. Its academic standards are very high and give the most opportunity in the area.

Posted February 28, 2014
My school is the best with the best opportunities! I have multiple scholarship offers because of the education I have gotten here.

Allen High School
300 Rivercrest Boulevard, Allen, TX  75002
Last modified Allen High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top