Allen, TX
Students enrolled: 4,532
After care: No

Posted April 26, 2015
Awesome high school, teachers are very friendly and motivating. Exceptional facilities for sports and other academic achievements.

Posted April 22, 2015
I am a parent/teacher at Allen HS and I couldn't be happier with the education and opportunities that have been given to my children. Allen HS has challenging advanced academics programs, numerous clubs/organizations, wonderful fine arts, and the best athletic programs in the State. The community is totally supportive of the school and rallies around the successes of the students. Couldn't have picked a better place to raise a family and educate my children.

Allen High School 2

Posted April 22, 2015
Disappointed. No rigor, little homework. Kids are released around 1 in afternoon. What the heck?

Allen High School 1

Posted March 31, 2015
I thought Allen would be spectacular, I came from a school of 400 in my previous year so jumping to 4,000 seemed like it would hold so many opportunities and I'd have more people that I might like. I ended up moving midway through the year because I was so unhappy with the school. I really only found about two friends in the entire school and felt almost completely isolated from everyone else. Also it's as if anything you'd like to do or participate in is already taken by someone else, and every time I'd go to see my counselor about my schedule it was as if she had no interest in what I had to say and was incredibly rude and talked to me as if I was a disobedient child that she wanted gone. She may as well have been shoving me out the door. Actually every member of the staff treated me this way. All Allen really cares about in my opinion is their precious football team, I hate to say that but that's how the school made me feel.

Posted January 13, 2015
The test scores being used for Algebra 1 (46 students), Biology (27 students), English (150 students), English 1 Reading (44) and English 1 Writing (82 students), and World Geography (78 students) are reflective of students that did not pass at the first administration when the student was in ninth grade at the Lowery Freshman Center and retook the tests at Allen High School (10-12). Those tests are apart of Lowery s state accountability to AHS. The test scores represent the % passing of this subset of students (re-testers). In addition, Great Schools included some Texas Education Agency state benchmarking field test data that we were asked to give using English 3 and Physics EOC's which are not a part of the state accountability system. For further clarification, Geometry, Algebra II, Chemistry, English 2, English 2 Reading, English 2 Writing, World History, US History are all End-of-Course exams first administered at AHS and are apart of the state accountability for Allen High School. Clear as mud I am sure!!

Posted September 30, 2014
This is a blue ribbon school and one of the best out there, not sure why or how the rating went down now ...

Allen High School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Our oldest went there and two younger ones went to Plano West. There is a night and day diffrence between two schools. Allen is too focused on buildings, football and stadiums. Academics are barely average. You can look at their high school SAT, ACT, Science Fair, Presidential Scholars, TIP, National Merit Scholars statistics. Nothing matches with the schools of same demographics. I don't understand how Highland Park, Plano, Coppell and Southlake can do so well but Allen can't. We were very disappointed.

Posted April 23, 2014
Based on the Texas Education Agency report I have rated it high. Number of students graduated and they have excelled in SAT

Posted April 11, 2014
We moved here from Frisco school system and couldn't be happier! Although the school is large, you would never know it. The teachers give each student the attention they need and know all their student's names almost immediately. The class room sizes are smaller than average and the programs offered are second to none! I didn't realize how little Frisco had to offer until coming to Allen. There is something for everyone, way more than your "traditional" high school. The thought that someone would get lost here due to the size couldn't be further from the true. I wish we had moved here during the earlier years and hadn't waited so long. Love Allen High School!

Posted April 11, 2014
We love everything Allen! The high school offers so many opportunities for every child. We couldn't be happier!

Allen High School